Went to wallmart tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single sopus oil product was open. Someone stole all the codes for shell gas. I got a manager and he got his manager and I explained to them why they were all open and the managers didn't even know about the shell frn rewards. Ended up getting mobil 1 full syn instead of my usual qsud. The mobil was only a dollar more but I felt better knowing the mobil wasn't opened up. Sucks because I wanted the codes. [censored] thiefs gotta ruin everything.

Last edited:
Some people here might call you a thief for buying sopus product for gas codes for a promotion that has already expired.
That's what I got when I merely suggested such scenario.

Weirdly, I bought one that was opened up yet the code inside of it still worked. Perhaps the thief didn't get around to entering the code before I did?

The promo isn't over technically we can still use the codes till the 15th of july if the sopus product we buy had the codes.

Like I said I just didn't want to take a chance the oil was tainted and if the code was used already then the frn people might look at me funny.

Im not sure if it was employees because the one manager said if he knew sopus was doing the frn codes he wouldof used it instead of Castrol. I hope shell can fix that issue if it desides to run that promo again.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Weirdly, I bought one that was opened up yet the code inside of it still worked. Perhaps the thief didn't get around to entering the code before I did?

Thief should have stole a computer to go with all the codes.

Opening the bottle is shoplifting a portion of the product's value.

Should put the perps in the car and drive them downtown.

Welcome to a bleak future with a criminal record.

Sad part was the manager said they had no clue that this was happening. How does a company like wallmart not know this could happen. Doesn't sopus explain to its buyers whats going on with the products they sell. the guy had another employee round up all the opened jugs and it was a lot. The main manager was not thrilled.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You should've got SuperTech instead of Mobil. You're missing out on the smoothest synthetic known to man.

Last time I tried it, it burned off at a rate of 1 qt/2000 miles in a GDI motor. Switched to something else and no more need for topping off oil. You can keep it.

Originally Posted By: waltywalt
I hope shell can fix that issue if it desides to run that promo again.

The only semi-logical way would be to not put codes under the cap, but under a foil seal so they cant be returned if opened. Oh and security cameras in the [censored] automotive aisles lol.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You should've got SuperTech instead of Mobil. You're missing out on the smoothest synthetic known to man.

$8 cheaper per 5qt jug AND its awesome. Merk... Can I be a club member!? Lol

Qsud was 21.95. mobil 1 was 22.00 and supertech was 18.99 for the jug. So I figured mobil 1 was it.

Sad part was the manager said they had no clue that this was happening. How does a company like wallmart not know this could happen. Doesn't sopus explain to its buyers whats going on with the products they sell. the guy had another employee round up all the opened jugs and it was a lot. The main manager was not thrilled.

I am not surprised the employees were clueless. Walmart pays employees poverty level wages. As a result with few exceptions they mostly get bottom of the barrel staff in stores and at HQ. There are certainly exceptions but the level of talent, initiative, and motivation of the average store employee is abysmal.

Sad part was the manager said they had no clue that this was happening. How does a company like wallmart not know this could happen.

They do know. My daughter is just a cashier at my local WM and she was telling me about a memo she saw that SOPUS was going to send every store a package of replacement caps. So it truly is sad that the manager was unaware...

I'll see if I can get more info when I see her again.

If oil has to be recapped at the place of sale, well, that's a sad state of affairs. Actually, when I have bought oil at Walmart, I prefer to buy a box of four 5 quart jugs, unopened. But, I can do that at the distributor for cheaper and far less hassle.

Originally Posted By: cashmoney

I am not surprised the employees were clueless. Walmart pays employees poverty level wages. As a result with few exceptions they mostly get bottom of the barrel staff in stores and at HQ. There are certainly exceptions but the level of talent, initiative, and motivation of the average store employee is abysmal.

If an employee sucks at $9/hr, they're still going to suck at $12/hr. Wal-Mart can certainly afford to pay more and offer healthcare, but they'd just pass on that expense to the consumer. I already don't like shopping there, and I wouldn't shop there if prices increased as a result.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz

The only semi-logical way would be to not put codes under the cap, but under a foil seal so they cant be returned if opened.

This is another problem with SOPUS oils, they don't have foil seals under the caps like EVERYONE ELSE does. On the very first bottle of QSUD that I bought from Walmart to try out (after using M1 exclusively for over 25 years), I discovered after getting it home that the seal was broken and it was filled with water! Someone bought and used the oil, filled it with water, returned it for a refund, and then Walmart put it back on the shelf without even checking. I returned it for an exchange, but it was an inconvenient waste of time. I now check the cap seal before I purchase any SOPUS oil, if it has been broken I will NOT buy it. On one occasion I found the seals on ALL of the QSUD and PP 5qt containers had been broken. I purchase M1 instead. Are you listening SOPUS?

It may be employees or it may be other customers. Like when you get the oil filter switcharoo at WM, it is likely a customer not an employee. I always check inside the box as a result, pretty much regardless of where I go.

This can happen with other things too. Starbucks had a reward deal going with their coffee and most of the bags at Sam's were missing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back