went to my local AutoZone and bought all the GC they had

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to climb onto the rack and stretch for it then sneal around to stockroom and push the rest forward.

they had a few bottles of US stuff so after I weeded them out I ended up with 13 bottles of the green GC.

My 300ZX takes less than 4 quarts so I am good for a while. I am changing tommorrow so If it works out well I am going to find more while its on sale.

its on sale now.

thanks

Score
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by MZ-Bird:
I believe it was $4.48 but I am not looking at my receipt.

I am hoping we will see another $3.99 special like we did last Feb.
cheers.gif

Originally posted by pscholte:
cheers.gif

pscholt,

If you would take a coupon from Checker, when they have their Castol Syntec oil on sale for $3.99 to a Auto Zone in the Springs area, would they match the price?

quote:

Originally posted by 74 Laguna:
Originally posted by pscholte:
cheers.gif

pscholt,

If you would take a coupon from Checker, when they have their Castol Syntec oil on sale for $3.99 to a Auto Zone in the Springs area, would they match the price?
I have NEVER tried it...with the business I give them, they should...but then they probably figure, we don't need to encourage you to shop here...you are already a "regular!"

nice score!

man i hit 4 autozones today in neighboring cities and scored nada. i know of only one autozone that stocks the GC, but they have two cases of the US 0w-30 (I got the only 5 qrts of the GC they had). anybody think they'll restock the GC or is it pretty rare for an Autozone to restock GC? I may make another trip in a couple weeks to check it out.

sorry bout the thread jackin

AZs in my area replenish their oil on a weekly basis (Tuesdays). The stores inventory system uploads their inventory levels to the region on a routine basis and when the "oil truck" comes around every week, it knows how much oil to replenish to maintain their defined inventory levels.

I bought a bunch of GC (green) recently and the couple stores I returned to that I had depleted were replenished, but it was with either the DC (US made) or with GC (gold), none of the stores I have revisited had more GC (green).

Regards,

Rich

Rich, so you're the one snatching up all of my GC green's in Ohio; you dog! (Just kidding). It's a shame that the green is becoming obloslete. I would like to know why the green is being replaced if the Gold is not better. Anyone?

Guilty as charged, I scored another 20 quarts of GC (green) this weekend (18 at one location) so my total is now up to 163 quarts of GC (green) alone.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=51;t=000377;p=2

I have exhausted most of the AZs in the area, I believe there are 4-5 more within reasonable driving distance (within 30 miles or so) that I haven't hit.

The good thing is that the last 50 quarts or so have been at $4.39 and I can buy five quarts at a time for ~$23 so I get my Rewards card punched each time. Therefore, the current stuff has only cost ~$4 per quart.

Regards,

Rich

Rich,

Just scored (6) more greens, also $4.39. Looks like AZ is making a serious effort to dump this stuff. Too bad, now there will be even more competition from those whom otherwise wouldn't buy it. That makes (18) green & (12) gold. Have two more stores in my sights for later today or tomorrow.

Got total of 52 GC green from 6 AZ in the Seattle area. Most were $4.99 but the last few were on sale for $4.39.

Gonna hit the remaining 3 AZ tomorrow. Should have about 70-80 by tomorrow evening.

What Green batch #'s are you getting?
The only green ones I've recently seen in my area were from the last green production run of M0501XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Finally found the mother load....in my area anyway. Twenty one bottles of green @ one store. After netting only eight bottles from the previous five stores, was shocked to have found these. Anyway, that makes (29) found today, (6) yesterday, already had (12). That makes (47) greens & (12) golds; probably enough?....Nah!

I'm getting mostly M0501 and M040x. Got a few M030x and even some M020x but made the mistake and picked up some older US made M020x so those are going back to AZ tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back