went to honda dealer to get filter

Our son uses Honda filters on his Accord religiously and would never leave one on for 2x oil changes, nor would I. Just bought a '12 Civic and when it needs an oil change, it will likely be FU. Haven't decided yet really.... It will get changed each time too. We had an Odyssey and I used Fram TG filters on it, as I recall. Don't remember FU filters being that common when we had that vehicle.

My understanding is most Honda dealers change the filter even when Honda says it's fine not to. Granted, 90% of owners aren't going to crawl under and inspect it to check either.

To each their own....

Lots of people think they know better than Honda and the filter manufacturers what the FCI should be.

Honda owners dont need to crawl around to inspect anything as the maintenance minder has an A/B system that indicates when it time to change the filter which happens to be every other OCI.

My Honda dealer points out the interval but gladly does what I pay him to do.

I used to be a 1-1 guy until I started looking at my own cut open filters and confirmed myself I was throwing away barely used product.

My marine engines and motorhome still get 1-1 but passenger autos - nah...

We bought a 2019 Odyssey last weekend from a local Honda dealer and they gave me the service records from when they took it in on trade. They changed the oil with bulk synthetic 0w20 and used the 15400-rta-003. Not sure if they are using up "old" stock, but they didn't use the A02. I bought a few to last me through the power train warranty period.

I recently purchased a 2011 Honda Accord 4cyl and a 2007 Honda Pilot 6cyl. After hours of research on oil and filters, I have decided to go with Castrol Edge Advanced FS and Nappa Platinum Filters. I could not find a better oil filter for $10 a piece. The OEM Honda PLM A02 filter may work, but it looks like a cheap, poor quality filter. The latest Nappa Platinum filter is great quality and well built compared to all other filters.

Attachments

• honda1.jpg
    honda1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 10
  • honda2.jpg
    honda2.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 10
I recently purchased a 2011 Honda Accord 4cyl and a 2007 Honda Pilot 6cyl. After hours of research on oil and filters, I have decided to go with Castrol Edge Advanced FS and Nappa Platinum Filters. I could not find a better oil filter for $10 a piece. The OEM Honda PLM A02 filter may work, but it looks like a cheap, poor quality filter. The latest Nappa Platinum filter is great quality and well built compared to all other filters.
I wouldn't use Napa Platinum if you gave it to me for free.
Napa Gold if you have to go that route.

Also, the OEM Honda A02 are built well, It is a quality filter. Not sure what you're basing this information on.
Plenty of posts about it.

Yes there is a Walmart 5 min from me and I know they sell cheaper filters but I saw to many issues with all those filters (mobil 1, fram ultra sythetic, wix, etc.) Rust, poor construction, fluid inside, cheap materials, excessive glue use, etc. Just go spend time watching all the cut out videos. Even the Wix XP compared to the Nappa Platinum are different but they are both made by Mann and Hummel. The latest Nappa Platinum is a better constructed filter then the Wix XP.

The latest Nappa Platinum is a better constructed filter

Some advice: Do your research, make your decision, and don't "announce" it. There's no need because people will find faults no matter what route you go...

Nappa has there own specs for the construction of their filters, but I guess I will have to purchase one with a recent date and cut it open to prove the point.

Just expressing my opinion, just like everyone else on this site. Has it not occurred to you that I am encouraging debate and comments about a filter?? What is the point of a discussion forum?? Go police someone else please.
How many user names is this for you?

Whip city wrencher has posted here in the past.

Frankly my issue with Wix/Napa is that since the aqusiton by M+H you really can't count on what you'll get in the can as demonstrated by the video. Then there is the history of lack of clarity on actual standard efficiency numbers.

Based on the comments I suspect finding the actual "better" filter isn't the actual goal though...

Nappa has there own specs for the construction of their filters, but I guess I will have to purchase one with a recent date and cut it open to prove the point.
You don't have to prove anything to me.
I wouldn't use the Napa Platinum or Wix XP because of the poor filtration efficiency as proven on this forum time and time again.
Note in the specifications below the Wix XP states nothing about efficiency...Why?

But to prove my point, they have identical specifications. Even the format for which they are presented is identical...hmmm...

Napa Gold vs Wix Std:

Napa Platinum, wix XP:

Back