Went to 4 autozones, all were cleared out of 0w-30; gold and green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about a week ago, there was plenty of Gold GC at my local autozone. Today, I went to four autozones, a total of 100 miles on my car.... and there wasn't ANY. not ONE quart of castrol 0w-30. There was a TON of the other weights, but none were 0w-30.

Anybody on BITOG from the binghamton, NY area snatch them up??? Jeez!

I bought (cleared-out) the last of the GC gold at my local AZ, thinking the sale was going to end in November. I told the store manager I would have bought more if it was in stock. He said it would be in a couple of days, and let him know in advance if I wanted to purchase a large quantity- he would make a special order for me.

Bowser

Could it be that since it is winter in NY, some unsuspecting non BITOG members bought the 0w-30 to run through the cold weather?

And they don't even know about the elves!

"Just about a week ago, there was plenty of Gold GC at my local autozone. Today, I went to four autozones, a total of 100 miles on my car.... and there wasn't ANY. not ONE quart of castrol 0w-30.... Anybody on BITOG from the binghamton, NY area snatch them up??? Jeez!"

Burnout,

Sorry, I confess ... It was me.
grin.gif
I hit all the local Autozones (Binghamton, Endwell, Owego, Sayre, Horseheads and Elmira) and cleaned them out between Friday and Saturday (12/16-17)... My haul was 46 qts of Green and Gold. I even bought 9 quarts of the "older?" yellow label USA stuff before I realized what it was.. Once I got started I couldn't stop ...
shocked.gif

I'm a latecomer to the GC party and just recently started reading all the old posts on this topic. Since the supply of M1 T&SUV has dried up around here I was looking for an alternative for my 04 Impala.. decided I better stock up on GC instead. I have a sizable stash of M1 T&SUV but I’m saving it for my Duramax Diesel.

smile.gif

Why do you need to stock up on GC? The formulation has changed slightly to gold but it's not going anywhere. People going out and buying all they can is not necessary.

Well, at least I feel better that a BITOG member got em all! :p

I was starting to think they might be discontinuing them!

The pennsylvania ave store in binghamton didn't even look like they stocked the 0w-30, did you find that too?

By the way, I think I saw two stragglers in the back of the rack @ the endwell store. You missed em! :p

"The pennsylvania ave store in binghamton didn't even look like they stocked the 0w-30, did you find that too?"

Yes, I hit PA Ave store and noticed the same thing ... As far as the Endwell store, I thought I got em all
shocked.gif
... even asked the clerk if they had any more in the back ...

smile.gif

Who bought all the GC at the AZ in Escondido? Was that you vad? I went in yesterday to go pick them up and it was all gone just the new gold was there. I knew I should have bought them all a couple months back, **** it.

I checked out a AZ somewhere in MA today and the first 4 bottle I checked out were M02XXXX and dusty as heck.

Didn't look at the rest but looked like there were 30 quarts on the rack......................................

quote:

Who bought all the GC at the AZ in Escondido? Was that you vad? I went in yesterday to go pick them up and it was all gone just the new gold was there. I knew I should have bought them all a couple months back, **** it.

Sorry dude, that wasn't me.
frown.gif

I don't go as far north.
I know for sure that the La Mesa store is Green free.
wink.gif

There was some Green left at the Santee location as recently as Nov. There were at least 6 qt left, the last time I checked. I've got enough of Green GC so I don't buy it anymore.
A while back I've seen some Green left on the shelves hidden behind Gold GC in Mira Mesa, Spring Valley and Chula Vista.

Went to all the old stores I haven't been to in months, all gc is gone just gold and new bottles. I guess 112 qts is enough.

Hey guys I'm checking tomorrow if the Autozone(s) by my house are the stuff you're looking for. If they indeed are I wouldn't mind shipping these things out via FedEx Ground (super cheap). I know this sounds funny but A) I have no job and much time B)You guys are anal about this stuff C) I use 5W-20 D)I can't convince anyone to try Castrol Syntec.

Please, everyone repeat after me, "Das Gold ist fein, brauche ich das Grün nicht mehr...Das Gold ist fein, brauche ich das Grün nicht mehr...Das Gold ist fein, brauche ich das Grün nicht mehr"...OK, now doesn't everyone feel better?...Don't Worry, be Happy.

Psychote:
Das grun ist besser until proven otherwise!!!

Are you in Colorado Springs, CO by the way? There is a section of town known as Schwarzwald!

bluengold,
As of right now there are 2 bottles of Green GC (M04097 and M04023) still sitting on the shelf and a case of Gold GC in the back room at the EL Cajon AutoZone store off Main and Mollison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back