went on date and couldnt wait to get on bitog.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casual visit with someone I met and she never seemed that interesting on the sit down and chat. It was soo boring I was trying to look up bitog while she babbeled. Is that bad?

yes any women that bores you, you can't imagine anything further with her "relationship" wise, physically? that's all up to the kind of person you are.

You my friend are a BITOG addict like the rest of us!

I can't wait to get back on this forum after being away from my work or home computers. It's a sickness!

Maybe she was thinking the sane thing?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Casual visit with someone I met and she never seemed that interesting on the sit down and chat. It was soo boring I was trying to look up bitog while she babbeled. Is that bad?

Wow. The girls babbling was probably nervousness. Passing up a woman for reading an oil forum? Really? Not in this lifetime buddy (unless i want to bite my arm off to get away of course).

Originally Posted By: Trav

Wow. The girls babbling was probably nervousness. Passing up a woman for reading an oil forum? Really? Not in this lifetime buddy (unless i want to bite my arm off to get away of course).

I'm with Trav on this one...

Originally Posted By: Trav

However, if married, this type of male behavior is totally acceptable. In fact, it is an acquired skill that improves over time, especially when kids enter the picture. It is a form of passive listening. Words enter your ears, are processed by your brain, then, as your are contemplating your next afternoon tending your car's needs, your mouth blurts out "yes dear", "that's interesting", etc.. If the message received is somewhat scolding in nature, the brain goes into autopilot with "yes, dear...I'm sorry....I love you". All the while, you are basking in the glow of anticipating your next OCI.

In reality, the OP is exhibiting traits indicating he is worthy of marriage.
11.gif

My wife commented on a couple she saw the other nite. We went out for a burger and a shake. We have a rule that we do not answer texts, calls, or check mail while we are across the table from each other.
The said couple she spotted both had their phones out and were doing what ever on the phones and never made eye contact and spoke very little to each other. She said it was sad they had come to that.
Glad you can admit to yourself you were not interested in her and likely will not pursue her. Let her go.
Now on the other hand someday a girl will come along and you will forget what BITOG even stands for. That is the girl you need to pursue. Happy hunting my friend and stay thirsty

We too silence our phones or leave them in the car and engage in conversation. Going out is about us.

O/P- playing with your phone, no matter how boring the date is rude and disrespectful. Though I doubt it was noticed as this seems to be the norm.

Enjoy being single....I have had amazing times with women I was bored with talking

Maybe your just not that interesting... I've never had a problem with casual lunch dates. Some times they even chat me up.

YMMV

Wayne

Maybe you should have taken it upon yourself to livened up the conversation. Like, wanna see my favorite website? See any good prices on motor oil lately?

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
We too silence our phones or leave them in the car and engage in conversation. Going out is about us.

O/P- playing with your phone, no matter how boring the date is rude and disrespectful. Though I doubt it was noticed as this seems to be the norm.

Solid Midwestern decency at play. Some of us in California share your values and behavior, too.
smile.gif

Most likely a two bagger...

Disclaimer: Surgeon General warning: Over consumption of alcoholic beverages can cause two baggers to be interesting. AKA drink till she is cute.
banana2.gif
banana2.gif
banana2.gif
cheers3.gif
cheers3.gif

She's obviously not the girl for you.

That being said I ceratinly wouldn't be on my phone when out with a woman. I shut my ringer off and if something does come up I'll excuse myself and address the call in the washroom or something.

Today people are so attached to their phones they have forgotten how to communicate face to face.
I learn a lot by a person mannerisms,their tone,how they say things. I learn more about a person from how things are said than what is being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back