went on date and couldnt wait to get on bitog.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Marco620
Casual visit with someone I met and she never seemed that interesting on the sit down and chat. It was soo boring I was trying to look up bitog while she babbeled. Is that bad?

Yes.

Casual visit with someone I met and she never seemed that interesting on the sit down and chat. It was soo boring I was trying to look up bitog while she babbeled. Is that bad?

Yes, it's downright pathetic when a grown adult doesn't have the skills to carry on a conversation.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

However, if married, this type of male behavior is totally acceptable. In fact, it is an acquired skill that improves over time, especially when kids enter the picture. It is a form of passive listening. Words enter your ears, are processed by your brain, then, as your are contemplating your next afternoon tending your car's needs, your mouth blurts out "yes dear", "that's interesting", etc.. If the message received is somewhat scolding in nature, the brain goes into autopilot with "yes, dear...I'm sorry....I love you". All the while, you are basking in the glow of anticipating your next OCI.

I'm certainly thankful that, when I wanted to have a conversation with him, my father was always willing to put aside everything else and listen to what I had to say. When it came to his family, everything else took a backseat. You certainly have a different set of values than I grew up with and now practice.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Yes, it's downright pathetic when a grown adult doesn't have the skills to carry on a conversation.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

However, if married, this type of male behavior is totally acceptable. In fact, it is an acquired skill that improves over time, especially when kids enter the picture. It is a form of passive listening. Words enter your ears, are processed by your brain, then, as your are contemplating your next afternoon tending your car's needs, your mouth blurts out "yes dear", "that's interesting", etc.. If the message received is somewhat scolding in nature, the brain goes into autopilot with "yes, dear...I'm sorry....I love you". All the while, you are basking in the glow of anticipating your next OCI.

I'm certainly thankful that, when I wanted to have a conversation with him, my father was always willing to put aside everything else and listen to what I had to say. When it came to his family, everything else took a backseat. You certainly have a different set of values than I grew up with and now practice.

Well PR,I find that you and I remarkably not even close as far as where we stand on many topics however I've gotta admit you've got a very solid point here too which I agree wholeheartedly.

Sounds like your father was/is a good man.
I don't get to see my kids as often as I'd like now that their mother and I have decided to separate however thanks to technology they FaceTime me every night before they go to bed,which I'm thankful for.
Growing up my father and I weren't close. He is a distant,cold man. So my siblings and I never had him to really talk to. And to be honest im thankful he is the way he is. It made me see how not to raise my kids.
I made peace with the man my father is a decade ago. Once I let go of all of the anger and hurt he brought upon me I almost immediately stopped abusing alcohol and illicit substances.
Funny how that works.
And today I'm proud to say my kids have never once seen me impaired,nor have they witnessed and felt the many abuses that were commonplace years ago when I grew up.
My kids know that I'm always there if they've got a problem. They know I'll never let them down.
I grew up fearing my father. I was a bad kid so I was whooped often. I got to the point I didn't even feel it anymore.
My kids don't fear me. They have absolutely no reason to. Discipline isn't equal to punishment. I rarely have to discipline my kids. And compared to when I grew up how I punish them is a joke HOWEVER because there is an open communication line we talk about things long before a real problem presents itself.
I can't help but think that if that was an option presented to me in my youth perhaps things wouldn't have gone as far as they did,nor as bad.

Sorry for the babbling rant. I just kinda had stream going and as every man knows about trying to stop mid-stream

See what I did there.

Enjoy being single, some of the girls who seem a little weird are absolutely wild.

Do not look at the cell phone at all, enjoy your time with the lady.

I apologize Clevy that Pop Rivit's comment to me struck a nerve about your past, as explained in my PM to you.

Like some others here, I took the OP as tonque in cheek and that is how my response was intended: "I went on a blind date that was so bad, I turned to BITOG for comfort". As a person that has survived the challenges of life, I can look in the mirror and laugh at myself without fear of losing self esteem. I have no need to constantly bring attention to myself and boost my ego by claiming perfection.

Once I logged on to BITOG while doing 'it' with the then-GF. Yeah, the relationship didn't last long afterward.
To be honest, the discussions were more lively back then, 9 1/2 years ago.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Gee I wander why?
ah to be young and foolish again. Now I'm just foolish

Last week we were at Couples Tower Resort, Ocho Rios Jamaica; the only website I surfed while sipping lots and lots of drinks at the beach was BITOG! I was not expecting WiFi coverage at the beach, so that was pleasant surprise.

We had glorious week at the resort! This is the only way to really have a true vacation.

So my take:- Went to paradise and still surfed BITOG :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back