Went "Old School" with No. 7 Polish

Tried an "old school" product, No. 7 Auto Polish and Cleaner. Don't know how true the post-Dupont formula is to the original but it is a bit on the runny side. It goes on easy and QUICKLY, gets Oak tannin stains off easily and bug remnants as well(I get most of the bugs off during the wash of course). Leaves a great shine and will bead water for a couple of weeks and then is done. True, it doesn't say wax or sealant so I can't knock it for not beading water longer. As a polish and cleaner, it lives up to the label. Has a neat smell that reminds me of my youth!

Bringing back old memories! I remember the smell and feel of the old steel container! As I recall back then it was runny and a brown color.

The old 1990s #7 had a boat load of oils in it. I would wash the car (dark grey Nissan Sentra econobox) and rub on and off #7. It would get down in the waterspot etchings and big crators and turn them almost the same color as the paint. I just did a wipe on wipe off. Not drying.

Then I would go over that with Liquid Crystal (garbage wax but the name was cool) Car looked like the paint was wet. Only lasted a week or two but fresh form under the oaktree it was a stunner. :)

I remember some old Westley's Blue Coral Auto Polish or something. It was a blue runny liquid and it would clean and leave a spectacular shine. Last I saw any was in the early 90's. It came in a blue bottle. Went on and came off easy and packed a wallop of a shine! In fact, my buddy in the Navy entered his truck in a competition and we won a trophy for best prepared truck. We used that polish.

Used this stuff in the '80s. Worked well enough.

Rain Dance.jpg

This is the polish product I miss the most. We use to use this following No 7.

Attachments

• a3mDSC00024.jpg
    a3mDSC00024.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 7
I have been researching Liquid Glass and it's demise but see where there are supposedly 2 or 3 that claim to be the "heir" to it. May have to get me some of the MPT and try it. I used the No. 7 Powder Wash today. Followed up with the No. 7 Polish and Cleaner and topped it off with Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Sealant. Paint looks LUCIOUS! It may not last long but boy is it popping right now. Hmmmmm, the OLDER I GET the better I seem to like the easy and off products! I wonder why?

When I had to take allergy shots I had a male nurse that gave me the shots. He had a red Honda 650 with a fairing type windshield. It always sparkled so I asked him what kind of polish he used. He told me Lemon Pledge. I was surprised but he said Hey if it protects your fine furniture it outta be safe for your bike. Over the years that Honda always looked new. That is also ewhat he used on the Plexiglass windshield fairing. I used it on my Goldwing after that too.

When I had to take allergy shots I had a male nurse that gave me the shots. He had a red Honda 650 with a fairing type windshield. It always sparkled so I asked him what kind of polish he used. He told me Lemon Pledge. I was surprised but he said Hey if it protects your fine furniture it outta be safe for your bike. Over the years that Honda always looked new. That is also what he used on the Plexiglass windshield fairing. I used it on my Goldwing after that too.
Years ago I worked selling mens shoes in a large department store.
When we put a shoe on display it got a polish job with Lemon Pledge and it gave the shoe a brilliant shine.

Back