Went in and cleaned out the office today... I'm "permanent - remote" now.

Our firm plans to bring us back after Labor Day but due to Delta and uncertainties recently they are lax on pushing people back. I prefer and can 100% do my job from home but they are very flexible with schedules so as long as client work gets done you can take time off whenever or work from home if you need to, plus it’s only 20 minute commute so it’s hard to complain.
My wife is now her own boss as a lawyer so she can do what she wants! Except for the judges that require in-person
same here she deals with Work Compensation
settlement cases in the state of California. :LOL:

same here she deals with Work Compensation
settlement cases in the state of California. :LOL:
I hear you. She helps with juvenile cases as a court appointed attorney on the side but her focus is disability law, which could blend in with workers comp at some point

Mine has some autoimmune issues etc so she’s frustrated being the only person wearing a mask and having people tell her “you don’t have to wear that you know…”
So working from home is important to us/her
Keep her safe!

The state of California (controlled by King Gavin Newsom) now required all Heath workers to get their "shot" by September or their checks would be detained. I don't want to get into politics' because that is a heated subject, but really , Required! :mad:

Ok well see this response indicates right away you do not understand the work compensation coverage and what is and is not covered and how it may be handled if a dispute arises in your state.

As is the case and every thread to respond to you, do you think you are the expert. It’s simple Google search will lead you to count with attorneys, the New York state workers comp board, and many more resources to prove you are wrong.

Ok then let me say you are not accurate.
May I ask are you involved in workmen's compensation either through the states workmen's compensation board ,Insurance providers, Medical billing ,medical facility, or hearing board? If not and you continue you responses based on perhaps a case or 2 that you were personally involved in then what you are responding with is not how it works and you may not really be helping a member that may think what you are say is accurate.
Maybe you are a Medical Coder, and if so then you should know how picky the work comp board is, or maybe an insurance company that is paying out a case, or perhaps a Doctors trying to collect on a work comp case. If none how can you possibly say you know that you are accurate and know every variable and specifically when it comes to what is and is not covered for at home workers?
I still maintain that anyone that is working at home should contact their Insurance carrier and HR or even that states workmen's compensation board and get the correct information .

I do not know all the in's and out of work comp for the state of New York nor in the state I live in Ca but I ma close to someone that is directly in the business having to do with Workmen's compensation and asked them before I respond on this thread what to say. ;)
And I already agreed that they need to contact their human resources department. That is usually the first step in filing a claim. Most states allow you to file directly with the Worker’s Compensation Board.
Maybe you should slow down and read and comprehend instead of always trying to prove someone wrong.

Signed,
Certified safety professional
Certified Worker’s Compensation professional
Risk management and Worker’s Compensation director and consultant since 1999 in the state of New York.

Last edited:
As is the case and every thread to respond to you, do you think you are the expert. It’s simple Google search will lead you to count with attorneys, the New York state workers comp board, and many more resources to prove you are wrong.

That is only filing!
And again I said people should talk to specific people with exact question regarding what is and is not covered. Every case is unique and those internet informational do not show every scenario only that a blanket statement of coverage and anyone can and should file if they are injured..

As for the threads I do respond on regarding many things in the automotive industry,. ya pretty much I ,experienced ,educated , likely certified so what's the problem? I am by far from only a DIY . I have a well earned 40 plus years of acquired hands on knowledge and other things. ;)

Last edited:
Keep her safe!

The state of California (controlled by King Gavin Newsom) now required all Heath workers to get their "shot" by September or their checks would be detained. I don't want to get into politics' because that is a heated subject, but really , Required! :mad:
THANK YOU! We do our best. She got Covid in May one month after her second Pfizer shot so it’s obviously not as effective on her. A couple weeks after I got it (I wasn’t eligible yet for the vaccine). Don’t want to go through that again

That is only filing!
And again I said people should talk to specific people with exact question regarding what is and is not covered. Every case is unique and those internet informational do not show every scenario only that a blanket statement of coverage and anyone can and should file if they are injured..

As for the threads I do respond on regarding many things in the automotive industry,. ya pretty much I ,experienced ,educated , likely certified so what's the problem? I am by far from only a DIY . I have a well earned 40 plus years of acquired hands on knowledge and other things. ;)

110% agree with this!

THANK YOU! We do our best. She got Covid in May one month after her second Pfizer shot so it’s obviously not as effective on her. A couple weeks after I got it (I wasn’t eligible yet for the vaccine). Don’t want to go through that again
Geeez well I hope everything is ok now and that will soon be history for you two. I refuse to get shots. I have ben required to get shots traveling in the 60's and 70's I must be a walking petre dish of vaccination residue by now. :(

I work in construction…of sorts. I have to be at work. We have some support staff who have been able to work from home 3/5 of the week. They send out an email 3/5 of the week some weeks saying they’re about to implement some change to our tech manuals…while they’re here the other 2/5 of the week. Thanks…

We also have some engineers who claim they can work from home. Oh yea, homie? What’s the signal path for this thing that’s only found in a CRD T/M? I’m sure you WILL get back to me.

Went to fully remote when i changed employers last fall; i still perform the same job but with a different badge.
I was driving into the vacant office last summer since the risk was low and I enjoyed working @ my desk; my current employer doesn't have office space, but I can drive to the customer's site and work in the area they have set up for transient workers.

As for fully remote, not a fan, poor collaboration, no idea of what else might be going on, things I would get exposed to walking around the office.
Think of a football team trying to play a game without being able to see the other players or communicate in real time; that is what I feel like my job has been distilled to.
Being able to wander away, get stuff done, and then just make up the time later in the day IS convenient tho.

I miss the social aspect of the job and the commute too. I can't shift my mind set walking 10 feet from my bedroom to my home office.

Geeez well I hope everything is ok now and that will soon be history for you two. I refuse to get shots. I have ben required to get shots traveling in the 60's and 70's I must be a walking petre dish of vaccination residue by now. :(
Huh, what?

I could see were 100% WFH would be a paradise for those of you with horrendous traffic, long commute times, parking issues, etc and a job that can be done effectively from your home.

I'm a operator / production tech for a site with multiple air separation and liquid hydrogen producing plants. The liquid O2 and N2 are medical grade products. A full shift has to be there 24/7/365, not only to keep the processes going and keep products shipping out the gate, but because of Federal Gubment guidelines. Regular rotating 12hr shifts can be exhausting, but I manage to still love my job after 24yrs of it. I couldn't imagine having an office type job from home.

I could see were 100% WFH would be a paradise for those of you with horrendous traffic, long commute times, parking issues, etc and a job that can be done effectively from your home.

I'm a operator / production tech for a site with multiple air separation and liquid hydrogen producing plants. The liquid O2 and N2 are medical grade products. A full shift has to be there 24/7/365, not only to keep the processes going and keep products shipping out the gate, but because of Federal Gubment guidelines. Regular rotating 12hr shifts can be exhausting, but I manage to still love my job after 24yrs of it. I couldn't imagine having an office type job from home.

Another ‘behind the scenes‘ type of career field that folks don’t think of when it comes to healthcare and hospitals.

👍

I know of a few hospitals in Florida that their oxygen supply ran low and they had to stop admitting patients, true story.

Reactions: JTK
Back