Went GC shopping in S. Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided that since I had previously bought 7 quarts of this stuff and have yet to use it I wanted to see if I could get a decent enough stockpile of GC to begin using it when my Firehawk comes out of storage in Spring. If it wasn't available I wasn't going to run it one time and switch to something else.

Anyway, my LS1 -better- like this stuff and hope it lives up to the hype on this site because I ended up clearing out 7 different AutoZones in the Delavan/Janesville/Beloit/Waukesha area and now have 69 qts stockpiled. All of the stores I cleaned out had various quantities of the yellow tagged 0w30 left.

Here are the batch codes that I have:
M023386 - 12 qts
M040236 - 6 qts
M040976 - 14 qts
M041486 - 4 qts
M042806 - 33 qts

What are the differences between these "born on" dates????

Paul

The earlier vintages (the "02" beginning batch) have higher Fe readings in VOAs from probably sitting in rusty holding tanks. Still good stuff though!

quote:

Originally posted by JRHAWK9:
I decided that since I had previously bought 7 quarts of this stuff and have yet to use it I wanted to see if I could get a decent enough stockpile of GC to begin using it when my Firehawk comes out of storage in Spring. If it wasn't available I wasn't going to run it one time and switch to something else.

Anyway, my LS1 -better- like this stuff and hope it lives up to the hype on this site because I ended up clearing out 7 different AutoZones in the Delavan/Janesville/Beloit/Waukesha area and now have 69 qts stockpiled. All of the stores I cleaned out had various quantities of the yellow tagged 0w30 left.

M023386 - 12 qts
M040236 - 6 qts
M040976 - 14 qts
M041486 - 4 qts
M042806 - 33 qts

Paul

lol, I got a chuckle out of your stash.

Anyone else outside of BITOG will think you have fallen off your rocking chair and are due at the funny farm.
grin.gif

Me too! I ended up with 5 quarts of GC scanned with M023386 at the Menomonee Falls AutoZone. One was leaky so I left it behind.

Is the Fe content a big issue?

quote:

Originally posted by BrewCityR:
Me too! I ended up with 5 quarts of GC scanned with M023386 at the Menomonee Falls AutoZone. One was leaky so I left it behind.

I am confidant it is nothing to worry about.

quote:

Paul

JRHAWK9,

If we understand the coding right your bottles are as follows:

M023386 Bottled on the 338th day of 2002
M040236 23rd day of 2004
M040976 97th day of 2004
M041486 148th day of 2004
M042806 280th day of 2002 This is the newest batch I have seen and the last produced in 04 I have seen

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Paul

JRHAWK9,

If we understand the coding right your bottles are as follows:

M023386 Bottled on the 338th day of 2002
M040236 23rd day of 2004
M040976 97th day of 2004
M041486 148th day of 2004
M042806 280th day of 2004 This is the newest batch I have seen and the last produced in 04 I have seen

yeah, that's how I understand it. I thought those 33 qts were pretty late in the year. I checked one of them too and it's just as green as the 02 batch I have.

quote:

Originally posted by BrewCityR:

what was left behind besides that leaky GC.....any yellow labled stuff? Every AZ, except one, I went to last weekend had a mixture of GC and the yellow stuff.

I went to West Bend, Meno. Falls, 76th St in Milwaukee, and Waukesha (nearest I-94) AZs and only the Meno. Falls AZ had any GC. All the rest had yellow striped 0w30. The price was listed as $5.39, but scanned and paid $5.19 for each.

69 quarts? Don't you think that is a bit excesive expecially considering there might be better oil right around the corner with the recent boom in the motor oil industry to make better oil? I guess you can always sell them on EBAY.

quote:

Originally posted by dagmando:
there might be better oil right around the corner...

Than the Elven Elixer of Excellence? I think not.
grin.gif
My 175 qt stash says definitely not...unless it is an enhanced version of GC...
grin.gif

Don't bite my head off...but, just wondering is the GC better than M1 as far as the TOTAL package? Or is that all opinion? I don't race my car, or drive harder than normal, I'm just an everyday driver, but I still want the best protection for my car (currently running off of M1 oil and filters), and I'm not too big on Castrol in general. However, GC appears to NOT be you're run-of-the-mill Castrol
dunno.gif
I'm still in the process of reading the long tread about GC and havent yet reached the results of the analysis, but I wanted to see if I could get a quick answer here...
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back