Wendy's Today

My new drive thru rant.

Cashier rips the money from my hand. Since CV19 I usually give exact change.
The change drops against the building. I can not open the door of the car to retrieve it.

She the cashier admits fault but wants me to pay again the change.
I do but I tell her sternly that their policy is BS and they can send someone out at the end of
the day to pick it up.

This BS is happening at all the places.

My new drive thru rant.

Cashier rips the money from my hand. Since CV19 I usually give exact change.
The change drops against the building. I can not open the door of the car to retrieve it.

She the cashier admits fault but wants me to pay again the change.
I do but I tell her sternly that their policy is BS and they can send someone out at the end of
the day to pick it up.

This BS is happening at all the places.
Sorry that happened Jim. Usually in my case they practically fling the change out the window then it falls on the ground and they tell you to pick it up. My dad tells them they can pick it up and give him more change please 😂.

Sorry that happened Jim. Usually in my case they practically fling the change out the window then it falls on the ground and they tell you to pick it up. My dad tells them they can pick it up and give him more change please 😂.
Exactly...most places you can't open your door and if you ride solo they should pony up.
You know they go get it.. Today this was at BK.
Mcdonald's had like 20 cars...
Super slow.

Here's the golden rule when it comes to drive thru. If you don't check your order before you leave, it will be wrong. If you check your order before you leave, it will be right. (y)
I'm thinking of that Joe Pesci's character in Lethal Weapon who said something about the drive through that cannot be shared here.

Sadly the Long John Silver places have all closed in my locale as of a couple years ago. I always liked them and the crispies you mentioned were an extra treat!
Scratched the LJS itch this week as mom wanted some after her chemo treatment. Not going to say no to that request. Got her a family meal so she can have leftovers for a few days.

I had the lobster bites and shrimp poppers. I'm good for a year or so now.

Funny thing about drive thru's. The ones in the ghetto always give you the best service. They always seem to be having a good time and enjoying their job. And the food is always better too.

Scratched the LJS itch this week as mom wanted some after her chemo treatment. Not going to say no to that request. Got her a family meal so she can have leftovers for a few days.

I had the lobster bites and shrimp poppers. I'm good for a year or so now.
Aww that's so awesome of you to do for your mom:) I hope she's doing well! We'll keep her in our prayers.

Saturday is my LJS day. I always get the same thing. Two chicken planks, a fish filet, and a double order of hush puppies. And the crispies (always hoping they're slightly burnt,yum!).

I wanted to go into Krispy Kreme today (not for me, I occasionally drop off a dozen at my local FedEx office for putting up with my parts they hold.) They give me good service, so I like to drop things off from time to time.

Lobby closed, drive through only. Hard to screw up a box of original glazed, and they got it right. Just didn't care to wait in a 15 car deep line, but that was the only option.

Aww that's so awesome of you to do for your mom:) I hope she's doing well! We'll keep her in our prayers.

Saturday is my LJS day. I always get the same thing. Two chicken planks, a fish filet, and a double order of hush puppies. And the crispies (always hoping they're slightly burnt,yum!).
I burn a half-day of sick leave every 3 weeks as the cancer center is 10 minutes from my home. Gonna get her to spend the night so she doesn't have to get up so early on the next visit.

Top tip kids, don't smoke for 50 years and expect to face no consequences.

I burn a half-day of sick leave every 3 weeks as the cancer center is 10 minutes from my home. Gonna get her to spend the night so she doesn't have to get up so early on the next visit.

Top tip kids, don't smoke for 50 years and expect to face no consequences.
That's so wonderful! I bet you and your mom have a blast together! I always tell people to treat their mom's as if she's their best friend:)

Now I can't stop thinking about LJS, I'm starving haha! I'll be looking forward to that all day! It's going to be my dinner tonight.

On the plus side for Wendy's - their stock and the Tim Hortons we had for a while when they were part of the same company bought us new appliances some years ago.

That's so wonderful! I bet you and your mom have a blast together! I always tell people to treat their mom's as if she's their best friend:)

Now I can't stop thinking about LJS, I'm starving haha! I'll be looking forward to that all day! It's going to be my dinner tonight.
I have a strange relationship with mom. My "maternal" figured died in 2000. My mom is more like a big sister who gets into fixes and needs "adult" supervision.

It's not a bad relationship, just not one where I can count on her. She can count on me, but not the other way around.

It's ALWAYS, and I do mean that, been that way.

Sidestep....not a highjack.
Sooooo many ways to approach this question

1) Mistaken orders are nothing new....maybe worse now. I'm not the person to ask.
2) Using drive-through windows seem like parking your Rolls Royce in a poor neighborhood. The help can too easily (automatically ?) feel like social prey and "spit in your food". Get real, big people and small people can all be garbage sometimes.
3) The day I turn my steering wheel to "buy a drink", shoot me, please. I can bring water anywhere and not create landfill. NO, I'm not a choir boy, it's just how addicted to sucking on a straw can one allow himself to become? I mean that.

A junkie who had a kid was pointed out to me. Bad situation.
He nor the kid cook. The kid is ~16...eats out "3/7/365" and I bet he dies before I do. He's already made more trash than I'll EVER.

Oohhh...do I seem "anti fast food"? Sorry. Resist it. Make the machine produce better stuff.
The Popey's Louisiana Kitchen $3.99 Crispy Chicken Sandwiches (regular & spicy) are good. See, I know.

Back