Well pump finally quit

It took 26 years, but my .5HP well pump quit on us today. Within 2 hours I had a new stainless unit put in thanks to a local, family owned well business. 170'ft well, 70 gpm capacity, pump set at 40'ft below ground level. The only downside this this inconvenience today was that my wife fractured her finger while helping me remove the concrete lid off the pump access point today. She's a tough girl.

Having grown up on city water, I love that I have access to basically unlimited water, that has been tested to be clean and very ph neutral.

I hoping get 15 years out of the new pump and my wife isn't allowed to help me move the lid anymore...

What did the local firm charge you? I have seen usually 2k-4k for a pump replacement, but the pumps were 300+ feet.

Great to hear you have a local company doing honest and competent work!

It took 26 years, but my .5HP well pump quit on us today. Within 2 hours I had a new stainless unit put in thanks to a local, family owned well business. 170'ft well, 70 gpm capacity, pump set at 40'ft below ground level. The only downside this this inconvenience today was that my wife fractured her finger while helping me remove the concrete lid off the pump access point today. She's a tough girl.

Having grown up on city water, I love that I have access to basically unlimited water, that has been tested to be clean and very ph neutral.

I hoping get 15 years out of the new pump and my wife isn't allowed to help me move the lid anymore...
You must have hit a really big aquifer!

Did it give any warning of it quitting? I grew up on city water but have a well now… best water I’ve ever had.

same here , local well driller who originally drilled my well came out that afternoon when my pump went out cost was $800 total , well is 255 feet ....first pump lasted 15 years , this one so far is doing great at 5 years now

70 GPM sounds very high for a 1/2 HP pump.

My last pump was working at over 30 yr old, but was replaced due to its age when they had it out to frack the well.

I think my new pump is 5 GPM but the well is only 3 1/2 GPM.

70 GPM sounds very high for a 1/2 HP pump.

My last pump was working at over 30 yr old, but was replaced due to its age when they had it out to frack the well.

I think my new pump is 5 GPM but the well is only 3 1/2 GPM.

The well has a 70GPM rate, meaning I'll never run the well dry. The pump itself is 10 GPM, .5 hp set at 40'ft below grade on a 170'ft deep, 6.5''in wide well.

Mine was $2600. Set @ 285ft
What did the local firm charge you? I have seen usually 2k-4k for a pump replacement, but the pumps were 300+ feet.

Great to hear you have a local company doing honest and competent work!

They charged me $750 stating they gave me a military discount and a wife to the ER discount. I expected double the cost. I gave them $800 and told him to take his wife out to dinner. :)

Back