Well I thought I'd try GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I decided to try some GC in my wife's 02' Liberty (3.7 V6) and my 97 VW Jetta (2.0). I got a rebate from another post here so I decided that since it was only going to cost $4.68 per quart I give it a try. So I went to the three Autozones that are all with in a half hour of my house and found 4 quarts and I purchased them all. I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and found 7 out of the 24 quarts were green. In fact, one of the bottles was marked M02... on the bottom. I thought maybe this bottle shouldn't be used and I should take it to the antiques road show instead
smile.gif
. Anyways the problem is now I feel the uncontrollable urge to take a much longer road trip to see if I can find more green. It's almost like a treasure hunt. Do they make medication to help?
grin.gif

When I first try an oil brand, I usually buy just enough to suffice one OCI.

You seem pretty confident that your engine will like the GC.

So one rebate is good for 24 bottles? That seems odd! I thought the $10 rebate was for one case (six bottles)?

Did you send in four different rebates - all with your same name - to the same address? If so, it may not get you the other three rebates.

Quote:

So one rebate is good for 24 bottles? That seems odd! I thought the $10 rebate was for one case (six bottles)?

Did you send in four different rebates - all with your same name - to the same address? If so, it may not get you the other three rebates.

FYI. I'm filling out my rebate to mail in tomorrow. The fine print on the rebate says one rebate for case (6 bottles)of Syntec & two rebates per household for this promotion. The two rebates must be mailed seperately, and each form must be filled out completely.
I'm going to pick up 6 more GC Gold tomorrow so I can 'save' 10 more bucks!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For the purposes of this rebate "someone else" bought 12 quarts, 6 at a time. It was probably a friend across town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back