Well, I jumped on the ecoboost bandwagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traded in the Taurus on my first truck on a whim. 2.7 ecoboost, 2wd, xlt Sport, Supercab. I love it so far. Not sure how I feel about a plastic oil pan and cartridge filter yet.

20160502_145908_zpsdkazx3os.jpg

20160502_145858_zpskslw6jnx.jpg

Nice! I'm sure you wouldn't have bought the truck if you really thought the "plastic" oil pan would be a problem, I doubt there is anything to worry about as far as that goes.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Nice! I'm sure you wouldn't have bought the truck if you really thought the "plastic" oil pan would be a problem, I doubt there is anything to worry about as far as that goes.

You're right about that. It's just unusual haha.

Fine work man! Beautiful truck! Come on in, the waters fine! My '11 is at 95k miles and is still a blast to drive!

And the top mounted cartridge oil filter is surely better than the "break your arm in two places" spin on that the 3.5 has.

I was thinking about the same truck but a 4wd. Decided on a diesel but the ecoboost f150 was my second choice. if you decide to mod it exhaust and a tuner is the way to go. Beautiful truck! congrats
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Fine work man! Beautiful truck! Come on in, the waters fine! My '11 is at 95k miles and is still a blast to drive!

And the top mounted cartridge oil filter is surely better than the "break your arm in two places" spin on that the 3.5 has.

Hopefully it serves me well!! I don't plan on getting rid of this one for a long long time haha. I thought I wanted a 5.0 but then I drove the 2.7L and was pleasantly surprised. It really scoots.

As far as the oil filter goes, I don't have to cut this one open. I just imagine it being messy.

Originally Posted By: scudpilot
Congrats on the new truck. I have a 2013 FX 4 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. Great motors and great trucks. Enjoy the new ride!

Thanks! I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: abycat
I was thinking about the same truck but a 4wd. Decided on a diesel but the ecoboost f150 was my second choice. if you decide to mod it exhaust and a tuner is the way to go. Beautiful truck! congrats
smile.gif

Thank you! It's been two days and I'm actually surprised it still has a muffler and resonator on it to be honest. A tuner is definitely on my mind.

Nice truck. We had our first ecoboost truck in the shop a few weeks ago and the newest lube tech got it and was all confused about the plastic oil pan.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Nice truck. We had our first ecoboost truck in the shop a few weeks ago and the newest lube tech got it and was all confused about the plastic oil pan.

It really is just strange.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Congrats on the new ride... I like the color.
thumbsup2.gif

Thank you! It's quite the contrast to my brown Taurus.

Originally Posted By: thr_wedge
Awesome truck, awesome color, I love the SCAB configuration. Congrats!

The Supercab really has plenty of space for the rare occasion I carry passengers. I like that you get a 6.5ft bed too vs a 5.5ft. Also I was surprised the back two windows roll down. I'm used to the old trucks with the pop-out Windows.

Originally Posted By: tomcruise
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766

It really is just strange.

The '11 6.7 had a composite pan. The drain plug was the interesting part.

I think they eventually they went back to stamped steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back