Well, I jumped on the ecoboost bandwagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Nice truck. We had our first ecoboost truck in the shop a few weeks ago and the newest lube tech got it and was all confused about the plastic oil pan.
Really I have one and it is moron simple!

Is the body aluminum?

I'm waiting for Ford to offer aluminum in the Edge....A 2.0 turbo Edge that get's over 30 mpg highway would be nice.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: tomcruise
Originally Posted By: pbm
Beautiful truck, beautiful color.....with the exception of the DC A/T in the Focus/Fiesta, Ford really has their act together.

Is it aluminum bodied?

What was the sticker price?

Good Luck.

Before any discounts, $41,805

$42,000 for a mid-trim half ton pickup?
shocked.gif
God and goddess, I want to run away screaming now.
I agree, that's absolutely ridiculous money.

Agree on the $40k + truck being crazy (that's almost what my brother paid for a Tundra quadcab 4x4 TRD Pro, I don't know why) but luckily the OP, tomcruise, can easily afford it.

I'm a fan of blue vehicles
thumbsup2.gif

The $41k price was before any discounts or the msrp and was not what the OP paid. At least I hope not.

I realize that...but ye gods-over $40,000 for a half ton that is mid trim (I think actually TWO levels from the top), base engine (two engines above it, maybe three), and not a crew cab. Ye. Gods.

I built an F150 on their site...even spec'd the way I would (a stripped work truck with no options but an 8' box, trailer hitch, cruise, limited slip, and bedliner) was $29,000!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: tomcruise
Originally Posted By: pbm
Beautiful truck, beautiful color.....with the exception of the DC A/T in the Focus/Fiesta, Ford really has their act together.

Is it aluminum bodied?

What was the sticker price?

Good Luck.

Before any discounts, $41,805

$42,000 for a mid-trim half ton pickup?
shocked.gif
God and goddess, I want to run away screaming now.
I agree, that's absolutely ridiculous money.
That is a better value that a car for the same price.

Enjoy!

Little turbo engines in larger vehicles are stricter about maintenance than other engines. However, 6 quarts of oil for a 2.7l engine is a LOT of oil for the size engine it is. Even my little 1.4T takes 4.25 quarts. So these engines have large-capacity sumps for their size. With water/oil cooled turbos that thermosiphon with the engine off, large sumps to let the oil cool, oil coolers throughout the engine, intercooling, and fairly decently-sized radiators, longevity should not be an issue for a decently-maintained truck that's used as most pickups are used. For commuting and the occasional tow, it'll be fine.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
The $41k price was before any discounts or the msrp and was not what the OP paid. At least I hope not.

Yeah, all the truck MSRP's are inflated and typical to get 10-20% off.

I've got a 2015 2.7L that I just turned over 10k miles on. Sticker was $43k but I picked it up with discounts on Oct 31st last year for $29k before getting a great deal on my trade-in (1k less than what I paid 3 years earlier). If you can time the purchase right there are plenty of deals to be had.

I've been using my truck to tow my race trailer 22' enclosed box with a 52" V-nose. The think runs like a champ even at 70 mph. Mileage when towing at that speed is around 10mpg and closer to 24 during my daily commute. Would not hesitate to make the purchase again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back