Well, boys, I'm gonna put in some SSO with no.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
....additives and see how I like it.

I'll give it a few weeks before I decide if still want to use Tufoil or LOS.

I'll keep you all posted on whether or not my car keeps running like a striped ape.
19.gif

My first thought was... "Where is this guys gonna get some SSO that doesn't have any additives"?

Then I realized that you meant you're not going to put in any additional additives
33.gif

You experimenters have all the fun
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
Don't, she's going to blow!!!!!
LOL.gif

Yeah, that $8 oil will kill your engine if you don't put in $20 additives...

Originally Posted By: HM12460
why would you even consider adding any additional additives to a top quality product?

I haven't decided to install additives. Remember? I said I'm gonna wait a few weeks to see if my car continues running like a striped ape or not.

SSO is great on it's own... No need for any additives. You might have to run it for 2 changes to see the full benefit as it cleans out other crud in your engine that may have built up.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: daman
Don't, she's going to blow!!!!!
LOL.gif

Yeah, that $8 oil will kill your engine if you don't put in $20 additives...

$10 oil.

Funny how I try to listen to you guys and you still mock me. What gives?

Useless hyped additives added to SSO. Where'd you see those - on a late nite infomercial?

Stick with SSO and one qt of MMO and turn off the late nite t.v.

Originally Posted By: ericthepig
Useless hyped additives added to SSO. Where'd you see those - on a late nite infomercial?

I've not added anything to the SSO, and I've also not even installed the SSO, yet. I said I would drive the car a few weeks to see if the SSO maintains the car's current performance.

Do you people even read the posts, or simply skim over them looking for key words that you can make fun of?

They are just jealous........I am going to run the same oil when I finish up my ASM 0w-20 oil. Don't use an additive with any Amsoil oil. They are all too good to desecrate with additives.

Let it go like water off a ducks back baby!

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
They are just jealous........I am going to run the same oil when I finish up my ASM 0w-20 oil. Don't use an additive with any Amsoil oil. They are all too good to desecrate with additives.

Let it go like water off a ducks back baby!

What is ASM 0W-20?

I have been using SSO in my camry SE for about three oil changes now. I love the stuff so far. Did a ARX treatment and followed with a rinse using PP just before switching to SSO. The car only had 21K so it was me being anal, but I like the piece of mind. I run this oil to 8K and am planning a UOA soon.

I know I can get alot more life out of it but I want to slowly extend its use gauging it with UOA's for the next few runs. I think you will really be happy with this oil.

Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
I have been using SSO in my camry SE for about three oil changes now. I love the stuff so far. Did a ARX treatment and followed with a rinse using PP just before switching to SSO. The car only had 21K so it was me being anal, but I like the piece of mind. I run this oil to 8K and am planning a UOA soon.

I know I can get alot more life out of it but I want to slowly extend its use gauging it with UOA's for the next few runs. I think you will really be happy with this oil.

10.gif

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
Originally Posted By: ericthepig

I've not added anything to the SSO, and I've also not even installed the SSO, yet. I said I would drive the car a few weeks to see if the SSO maintains the car's current performance.

Do you people even read the posts, or simply skim over them looking for key words that you can make fun of?

I am so busted. I really wasn't making fun of the additives, but I was (in my own non-humorous way) calling into question the act of messing with SSO. But I'm one to talk given what I've done to some topshelf oils, so more power to you!

Originally Posted By: Hethaerto
....additives and see how I like it.

I'll give it a few weeks before I decide if still want to use Tufoil or LOS.

I'll keep you all posted on whether or not my car keeps running like a striped ape.
19.gif

Cool, I want to try this oil soon.

Hope it works out for you, let us know how you like it please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back