Weird smelling oil...... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hee Hee Hee, I know, your laughing like heck, but I'M seroius.
I guess I don't have much to do, but when I add/change the oil in my trucks, I...well.....smell it.

Well, today I had to add a little oil in my ford truck (Mobile 1 5w-30) and it smelled like.....uh.....Windex.
I've never......uh.... smelled "windex oil" before, so did I put bad oil in my truck. Did I screw up?

So all, go smell your Mobile 1 5w-30 and see if it smells like windex, and tell me.
No, I'm not drunk...

Talker

You must be high on oil fumes...lol

I'm guessing that's normal, it has that kinda sharp smell, but not as strong as ammonia, which windex has.

They all smell bad.

I needed an oil for an old fishing reel I was rebuilding for fun. Figured I might as well use the best smelling stuff I could in case it ran on my hands. I must've opened five quarts. They all smelled different and they all smelled bad.

you are not only weirdo...i noticed syn smells same as regular oil...dont tell anyone...i love the smell of new thorlo socks, but only new...so M1 is same as supertech cept for price

Funny ammonia was mentioned. The 2 stroke oil I used to use back when I had a 2 stroke outboard definitely smelled like ammonia.

I use Mobil 5w30, and oddly enough smell it....Can't say that it ever smelled like Windex though....
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
I use Mobil 5w30, and oddly enough smell it....Can't say that it ever smelled like Windex though....
21.gif

Yes, but try smelling Mobile 5W30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back