Weird Little Polka Dot Car

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Saw this just now outside the dentist’s office. Right hand drive, has a hand grip in the rear seat that appears to be some sort of Asian language. I’m assuming Japanese? Anyone know what this thing is?

I’d love to have a weird little imported Japanese car some day. Have thought about the little Honda Acty pickups.

7AE70740-F982-4EFA-9DFF-B5EDF5774639.jpeg

902CE900-99E9-4283-A4BE-AF5CBC2994A3.jpeg

234C6A00-2467-450E-B20E-E89B160C3E0F.jpeg

I thought about a kei truck for the farm but they arent legal on roads over 35mph here... and the road is 55mph........

I think it's British - an Austin Princess 1300 or similar. Not sure on the year...

As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of this (an Austin 1100) :LOL:

It looks like a Historical Vehicle plate with 77 on it. I searched "JDM kei car 1977 " images... who knew what they do to cars over there ?!

View attachment 90343
In AZ you can get Historic Vehicle plates on any car 25 years old or older. I can get them on my 96' Jeep if I wanted. Or my Camry in 3 years! They all say 77 on the top right though, not sure why.

In AZ you can get Historic Vehicle plates on any car 25 years old or older. I can get them on my 96' Jeep if I wanted. Or my Camry in 3 years! They all say 77 on the top right though, not sure why.

There are Historic and Classic plates. To get the Classic plates the car has to be on a list of approved cars. Weird about the 77, I thought that was probably the year of the car. I can't even find a pic close to the car you saw. Too bad you didn't get a close-up of the badge on the grill. I didn't see it on an Austin car list.

There are Historic and Classic plates. To get the Classic plates the car has to be on a list of approved cars. Weird about the 77, I thought that was probably the year of the car. I can't even find a pic close to the car you saw. Too bad you didn't get a close-up of the badge on the grill. I didn't see it on an Austin car list.
This should be a higher res picture, I uploaded this one through Imgur. The emblem looks like a crown.

1lN3pSn.jpg

After 2 minutes I found this:

There are some differences, especially the back looks a bit different but it's closely related. As I suspected, it's a kei car, specifically an homage car. This one may or may not be a mid-'90s Copel Bonito/Nissan March as shown in all three links. All Japanese car makers make kei cars (tiny city cars). They are frequently homage cars and very popular.

The Japanese carmaker Mitsuoka specializes in kei cars. What's not to like? 😁

Last edited:
Why have gymnastics rings in the back seat?

Must be some character driving this car.

Love the fender mirrors though!

Certainly is one ugly little piece of crap. With scrap metal prices being so high right now I’d be scrapping everything of little value.

Back