Weird issue with comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys comp has developt some problems. Sometimes it starts but without video output, only humm from cooler. When it does that mouse amd KB will stay black, without illumination. When it starts normal it will work for an hour then it just dies. Oh yes if i left power switch on ( on power supplay) it will go on and off randomly.
confused.gif

I have no idea really. My brother in law always dealt with it. Power supplay thing was changed only few monts ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What operating system?

+1. If you can tell us what operating system that would be good. Even better if you can tell us what brand and model as well.

Windows 7. I'll call my brother in law for details about hardware and post back.
AMD x3 445, 4 gb ram,460 GTX 768 mb.

Last edited:
If you have the GeForce GTX460 it specs a minimum system power requirement of 450w. That could very well be part of the problem.

Either another PS or the motherboard is bad. Maybe a pin is not seated correctly in the PS power supply to Mother Board connector?

Originally Posted By: AandPDan
If you have the GeForce GTX460 it specs a minimum system power requirement of 450w. That could very well be part of the problem.

Ic power 460 gp3

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Either another PS or the motherboard is bad. Maybe a pin is not seated correctly in the PS power supply to Mother Board connector?

Thanks,will look if connectors are properly seated.

When it has the boot problem, does it emit any beeps? Some motherboards will emit a specific beep code indicating the general problem. But PSU, a short/bad cable or MB problem sound most likely.

I would remove the plug in cards except the video card. Unplug the hard drive(s)and other drives. Leave only items needed to fire the monitor.If it still acts up, you have eliminated everything except graphics card, mother board, memory( I would reseat the modules) and power supply.If the video starts working, put the items back one at a time and see where it begins to malfunction.Most of the time I have found memory to be the issue. When power supplies fail, they are "usually" dead altogether.Also check to see if any of the capacitors on the motherboard have "bulged"out on the top.If you find that, I would replace the entire unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back