Weighted pushups

I have tried to do weighted pushups, but I use a back pack with a bunch of stuff in it, like car batteries.

How do you guys do weighted pushups?

I want to make sure I do them safely.

Well. .

You really should have someone with you when you do this. And they should be able to lift that weight off you easily too.

I did that with a 100 pound weight plate placed on ny back. Had the friend of mine lift it off when I was tuckered out.

Well. .

You really should have someone with you when you do this. And they should be able to lift that weight off you easily too.

I did that with a 100 pound weight plate placed on ny back. Had the friend of mine lift it off when I was tuckered out.
They make 100 lb weight plates?

I have tried to do weighted pushups, but I use a back pack with a bunch of stuff in it, like car batteries.

How do you guys do weighted pushups?

I want to make sure I do them safely.
A true BITOG, works out with car batteries. Man that must be heavy!

I used to. Would have a buddy put a plate on my back or later in life I would have a kid sit on me. Can't anymore as my SI joint can't take the pressure. Now I just slow them down.

Bands are the absolutely best way to add resistance easily to push-ups. Plates are probably the seconds easiest but you need a spotter to help out. Not always practical. I prefer dynamic movements or angles as a spotter and weights aren’t needed. Spider-Man push-ups, clap push-ups, dive bombers, medicine ball push-ups, feet elevated push-ups, etc.

Back