Weekend Trip To Cavallino, Palm Beach. Cost, 1 Million Dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
all I can say is WOW. Must be nice to even think about buying a ENZO. Just remember you only live once. might as well live it to the fullest. as you cant take it with you. Enjoy the car and got a laugh when you said to take a mortgage out on a car that's classic.

I agree that car isn't for city driving. the horse wants to fly on the highway or track. would be like owning a border collie and keeping it in a 4 foot by 4 foot pen. it will want to break free and run.

Doesn't an oil change on the Enzo cost something like $1,300? Each quart (litre?) of that 10W-60 oil goes for something like $65. Looks like a fun car...but I wouldn't want to have to pay to maintain it at those prices!

Congrats on the Automobile!!!!

What you're not using M1 0w20?????
wink.gif
grin.gif

Congratulations, That so cool. Any possibilities of posting some pics of the car... and motor to drool allover on? Enjoy

Dr. Haas,
I certainly understand your passion in automobiles. I also
(I assume your a medical doctor) share a passion for medicine
and it's challanges. While not a physician, (wasn't a minority
female), I did become an anesthetist and enjoy the
meeting of physiology and chemistry and their positive
outcomes.

So I understand your intense interest in tribiology and share
this interest as well.

To the point, your seemingly insane to some aquisition a the
Ferrari has helped me make a decision to make a much smaller
but none the less (for me) serious purchase of an automobile
for simply the satisfaction of ownership, tinkering, polishing
et..

I am seriously considering a new C6 Corvette coupe. A serious
toy at least for me. I guess we only live once and I had better
get this car while I'm still able to get in it. I am nearing 60
(gasp) and your fine example of living makes me want to grap
the ring one more time.
Thank you for your fine contributions to this forum.
Craig Lewis CRNA

Seems more compassion than insanity. You spotted an abandoned Enzo and decided to give it a good home.

What action could be more generous and giving for a gearhead?

I'd be concerned about incidental damage and theft which surprises me when you mentioned the lower-than-expected insurance rate (not that I rally have any real idea), and that tree around the next corner and being able to trust myself with keeping my head together while on the roadway. I would be cautious on the type of inspirational music one listens to while driving (that is if equiped with a head unit)...not that the engine doesn't sing a sweet tune all it's own.
grin.gif

I wouldn't give up on trips per se, but rather work on measures of self control. Then again, there doesn't seem to be any real problem, as you've been able to afford it thus far. Rather it seems you are being comparative in your behavior with others who are in a less able position/circumstance.

Nice looking machine.

Yawn ... ..oh, all right ..I'll let you park next to one of my cars. It's the least that I can do for a fellow board member...but please, do tidy it up a bit first.

Oh ..and next to the McLaren, okay (shh- the neighbors
shocked.gif
)???

grin.gif

Can not see the photos...

They require me to log on...

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Any chance they can be put on some server that does not require a logon?

Thanks, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

My wife and I took turns driving the Enzo this evening (for the first drive). Remember that Shell Helix Ultra 10W-60 is the recommended oil but I am using Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40.

At a steady 80 MPH in 6th gear, approx. 2,400 RPM the oil was at 185 F and the pressure was at 70 PSI. The manual states that one should have between 75 and 90 PSI at 6,000 RPM so I am well over this pressure range for my application. A thinner oil can be used.

Maybe I will try a 30 wt.

The car is very light feeling as would be expected at 2,700 lbs. Steering response is relatively light and spontaneous. The power is the most I have ever felt. At 40 MPH in 6th gear you get a good pull as the low end torque must be delivered early.

The thing I like the best is that you have a relatively soft ride but feel all the irregularities of the road. The suspension is very informative but not really that stiff. The car is not quiet but not too noisy. If I was on a concrete road I might feel different.

Overall, great car to drive for the fun of it but not subdued as the Maranello 575 for long trips. For eye candy, this car is just the best.

aehaas

[ February 09, 2006, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: AEHaas ]

MILLE GRATZI DOCTTORI!!! BRAVO!!!

Thank you for sharing the experience of your first drive with ENZO! I think ENZO, is his name. Unless you think the car has a feminine soul. To me, The ENZO seems masculine, very masculine, in personality. Yes?

The oil weight question, are you considering the German Castrol 0w30, for the 30wt. to use? The 5w20 Oils, would probably work the best, like in your other cars, because of the sophisticated coolant and oil cooler systems. Oh Boy, what fun you have!

I was watching the TOP GEAR Episodes, tonight and went to their BBC Site. Jeremy does a test of the ENZO, in RED. Shows the cars capabilities and the SOUND, very well! I think people who are interested will find it satisfactory.

burnout.gif
burnout.gif

[ February 10, 2006, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: pastmaster ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back