Wedding Photos from New Zealand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12206952

Originally Posted by Shannow
Hope the dress was fabricated as a "tear-off" if it got tangled.

Yep, that was my first thought when I saw the picture.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
At first I was thinking, have we come to posting wedding pics? Then I forced myself to open it and I'm glad I did. That's an absolute hoot! Thank's for posting.

This ^^^

She's tucked the dress up a bit, and not really hanging off. A swinger on a speedway chair will be touching the ground and have tyre marks on their back from a bike on the inside. Speedway sidecars is one of the most exciting and physical motorsports there is, these guys (and girls) give no quarter, real tough racing. I've been watching it since my teens, and this is a clip from our local track when I lived in Auckland. Racing on saturday night at the big track, then sundays down here. Late 20th and early 21st Century I'd be on those seats at the start line, having a beer with my mates from the '70's. I even have a photo of me out there in the '70's doing a bit of flattrack.

But this earlier stuff is more how I remember it to be.

Originally Posted by andyd
What is it with you Kiwis and 2 wheelers? Is that from Burt Munro's album?
grin2.gif

It's a 3 wheeler! NZ has produced some AWESOME bike and car racers. We like to adopt them and pretend they're Aussies...

This is long track sidecars at the Burt Munro Challenge, a week of motorcycle racing in Invercargill.

1000cc for sidecars. Early days it was Vincents, and the British twins trying to keep up. Later in the '70's the 4 cyls came along...I don't know how they go so fast, it just seems like a whole lot of wheelspin with no traction. We still see a V Twin surface from time to time...there was a nice Godden that sounded glorious and showed promise that never happened, and there was a Ducati out there once. Turn of the century at Rosebank there was a Jawa powered outfit, outclassed by the big bikes on a normal day, but on a wet track, the little 500 single got the traction and could get an occasional win...great to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back