Webcam on a TV?

I am setting up a meeting room at work and would like to setup a basic webcam on a TV without using a laptop or phone for the camera. I’ve read it can be done through an HDMI connection but I haven’t found a HDMI camera. I tried USB but it didn’t work. Any suggestions?

What make/model is the TV? Depending on what apps are offered you might have a limited option using a USB webcam. Google Duo just rolled out for Android TV for example. What platform do you want to use for the calls?

Use an Android TV or Android *stick* with HDMI input to TV, then pick a camera with an Android app you load from the stick or TV.
OR pick a streaming cam instead of a webcam. They often have HDMI out.

I was hoping to use the TV’s chrome browser
Does that actually work?

I thought you needed a Zoom extension for Chrome browser, and if I'm not mistaken, only a PC version of Chrome supports extensions. Or does Zoom offer a native app for your particular smart TV?

The best you can hope for is some kind of screen cast from your phone to your TV (if your TV supports it), but then you'd be using the phone's webcam.

Is using a PC/laptop with an external webcam mounted on top of the TV not an option?

Last edited:
Back