Weather Underground ruined my favorite weather site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wunderground is my preferred site for getting weather but I understand why some people preferred Intellicast.
I think if you give Wunderground a chance it will grow on you, specifically the 10 day forecast that provides hour by hour breakdowns of wind speed and direction is very useful to me.

Used to love Wunderground many years ago, not a big fan now...but, I have been using it on my phone recently as the local TV station I liked dropped support for a weather app that I really liked.
They had some very curious weirdness over the weekend, like when they predicted snowfall rates of 2" per hour for 8 hours but said that total snowfall for the day would be 5".
What?!??!
I guess that snowfall amount ended up being pretty accurate for Sunday, but they need to get the hourly and daily forecasts in sync.

I'm going through Intellicast withdrawal .......
sick.gif

Agree 100%. Intellicast gave me the maps and information I wanted in a no nonsense format that was easy to use - without many ads. Wunderground may eventually be that easy to use (still struggling with it) but they've got an AWFUL lot of advertising.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Used to love Wunderground many years ago, not a big fan now...but, I have been using it on my phone recently as the local TV station I liked dropped support for a weather app that I really liked.
They had some very curious weirdness over the weekend, like when they predicted snowfall rates of 2" per hour for 8 hours but said that total snowfall for the day would be 5".
What?!??!
I guess that snowfall amount ended up being pretty accurate for Sunday, but they need to get the hourly and daily forecasts in sync.

Ive noticed the same with wunderground. I never watched too many sites so I'm not aware of how good intellicast was, I just felt that wunderground was better than the networks and cable shows. I also like accuweather, but haven't visited their site in some time.

Agreed DriveHard. Intellicast was my go to weather site. No matter how WU tries to sell the change, previous Intellicast site better. I've picked up on some things to make WU more tolerable, but still not equivalent.

As saying goes, all good things...….

I was very disappointed to see intellecast go. Wunderground is to busy, too complex to hard to navigate. I won't be using WU period.

I agree. I had to change my bookmark from Intellicast because Wunderground sucks. I will keep trying different sites but right now I am using Weatherbug. I use MyRadar app on my phone.

on my phone it is either Storm Radar or Radar Scope (not free but super worth it). Still looking for a new "go to" web site...please keep the ideas coming.

ohhh...may have found a winner...we will see how the accuracy goes (one of my strong points for Intellicast).

darksky.net

It seems super cool and simple so far.

Originally Posted by DriveHard
ohhh...may have found a winner...we will see how the accuracy goes (one of my strong points for Intellicast).

darksky.net

It seems super cool and simple so far.

oh buddy do I like that weather site. I sure hope it is as accurate as Intellicast was!!!!

Adding another voice...I loved Intellicast and now Weather Underground has absolutely ruined it. I find the site unusable now. Pity. Switched to Accuweather, which was my backup site before. Not ideal but still way better than WU.

I prefer Storm Radar.
What I find interesting is the storm radar can disagree between Storm Radar & Wunderground. Odd since they're all owned by IBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back