Wearguard, whats that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made a search before posting this with no success.

Anybody knows what is this additive in the Motomaster formula 1 oil sold in Canada ?

Thanks

The oil that Canadian Tire sells is identical to FormulaShell, and in the PartSource stores CT owns, the shelf space for Formula 1 is taken up by FormulaShell.

I'd imagine it's just marketing [censored] for an ingredient in the additive package.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
The oil that Canadian Tire sells is identical to FormulaShell, and in the PartSource stores CT owns, the shelf space for Formula 1 is taken up by FormulaShell.

I'd imagine it's just marketing [censored] for an ingredient in the additive package.
You are right...
thumbsup2.gif

Ok thanks guys, so this is what I will use in my new sienna since formula 1 from shell is getting very good review and for a good price. Its funny but I trust more canadian tire with their store brand rnamed product than Castrol, I dont know why but castrol always look like a company with questionable ethic and practice, its probably more gut feeling than anything else

Last edited:
Any SM/GF-4 rated dino will do a fantastic job in your Sienna. Including Castrol. I would use either Shell/Castrol with confidence!

cheers3.gif

Thanks Stevie, you when I speak about castrol and my gut feeling, well I just came back from the canadian site to look at the technical sheet for the gtx 5w30 their last update is from June 2002 and the oil shown is the SL version....I know its not a big deal but that tell me that its a disorganised organisation that I cannot trust if ever need them, I know maybe irrational but thats the feeling they give me and so since many many years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back