We will be testing GC....please come in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

We are collecting money to do a test on GC that will tell us exactly what GC is made of. We will finally be able to find out if GC is a Group 3,4,5 or a combination of.
Please visit this post in the "Auto and Lubrication General Topics" for more details.

Sounds like a plan in action, can't wait to see the results.
cheers.gif

GC=German Castrol (likely SLX)

Guys, spread the word.....we should've had this money by now!

For only $10, you can get an insight into the mysterious world of GC.
We need more green, so we can analyze the green!!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
GC=German Castrol (likely SLX)

Guys, spread the word.....we should've had this money by now!

For only $10, you can get an insight into the mysterious world of GC.
We need more green, so we can analyze the green!!
cheers.gif

Yeah Z,

Before the elves got on the Lufthansa flight to head back home they told me they were beginning to question the the scientific curiosity of our members...I did the best I could to defend our BITOGers.
dunno.gif

Yes! The plan is moving along at a good clip. We're now just over half-way to the amount needed! I know there are more of you out there who need to know what this stuff really is.

Ask not what your favorite discussion forum can do for you, ask what you can do for it!
wink.gif
cheers.gif

BUMP!

C'mon guys, we're almost there! There are a couple of traditional BITOG GC followers glaringly absent (
nono.gif
) from the Who's anted up HONOR ROLL. Nevermind the cure for cancer, the truth about Area-51 -- this is momentous stuff. Let's get the answer to this question nailed down once and for all!
cheers.gif

quote:

..the truth about Area-51,

He,he,he. Seriously, I'd like to find out what generates the green luminescence, and based on my ante, I'd like something more than Pscholte's "It's the elves favorite color".
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Blue99:

quote:

..the truth about Area-51,

He,he,he. Seriously, I'd like to find out what generates the green luminescence, and based on my ante, I'd like something more than Pscholte's "It's the elves favorite color".
grin.gif

You surely know how to hurt a guy.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
You know, there's quite a few GC threads these days...
smile.gif

Ahhh, yes...life IS good!

I just did a change in the Taurus and I am willing to say that the Elves little concoction does smell delightful, even if it is not exactly gummi bears...

...let the testing begin...I mean what else is there to do seeing there isn't another Lord of the Rings this year and the last Star Wars isn't out until May?

Would GC be recommended in a ford V10
dunno.gif
Calls for 5W30 for 2000 model, currently ford switched to 5W20.

quote:

Originally posted by oldman:
Would GC be recommended in a ford V10
dunno.gif
Calls for 5W30 for 2000 model, currently ford switched to 5W20.

I think it would work beautifully in the V10. If it were my engine I would rather have it in there than the 5W20 (I have no particular axe to grind against the latter, but if I were running a large displacement or high torque/high HP anything and it called for a 0W or 5W-30, SLX (GC) would be my choice). I'm using it with superb results in a twin-turbo 2.7L Audi six and a 3.0L Ford six.

Guys,

You can still donate some $$$. Another thing we can do is run a VOA on the new US made 0W-30, which I believe (based on smell and color) is GC with a new label. Redline, RP and other oils have been talked about for testing as well.

quote:

Guys,

You can still donate some $$$. Another thing we can do is run a VOA on the new US made 0W-30, which I believe (based on smell and color) is GC with a new label. Redline, RP and other oils have been talked about for testing as well.

I'm in. Send me a PM and advise where to send the check.

Bob W.

quote:

Originally posted by TheFuror:

quote:

Guys,

I'm in. Send me a PM and advise where to send the check.

Bob W.

To quote Z:

Guys,

I have talked to the key players and we have come up with a plan. Here are the instructions:

-Send the money to Tony (59vetteman) via "Pay-Pal." You can go to www.bobistheoilguy.com and on the left side about half way down select the paypal or master card logo. It will take you to the paypal site. Then under "Payment For" put OIL STUDY, your screen name and member number. If you don't have a Pay Pal account, just click on "Secure Checkout"

-YOU MUST SPECIFY THE MONEY IS FOR THE "OIL STUDY"....or else Tony might think it's a donation (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

-After enough money has been collected, Terry will be notified so that he can pay upfront for the analysis

-Whatever money is left, can be used to run another test just like the one proposed here or VOAs or whatever else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back