Heh. Remember the tailfin Mercedes of the 60's? The recomended maintenance interval was 1500 miles. That included the chassis greese fittings.
as Road & Track commented: "it must have been a shock to former Cadillac owners."
Check every day or 100 miles:
- check oil level in the engine, lubricated clutch, transmission and differential gear housing
- turn grease cup caps on th 8 spring bolts, one turn
- apply a few drops of engine oil to steering knuckles
- apply a few drops of engine oil to the rod clevises
- apply a few drops of engine oil to the fan hub
- turn the grease cup on the fan support, one turn
It goes on for maintenance for 500, 1500 and 2000 miles, just about as detailed. It also had every two weeks stuff. But wait, the crankcase could go 2000 miles with a kerosene flush. Guess they did not have AutoRX yet.
No this is not my car, Just a quote from Friction,Wear and Lubrication, a Textbook in Tribology by Kenneth Ludema