We lost an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I say...leave the clocks the way they are now, no switching back 1hr come fall.

Exactly! I agree with someone who commented about Arizona. I like that they don't change their time, though it does make it a little confusing sometimes, because her in Southern Ca. half the year they are the same time as us, the other half they are an hour ahead.

Hawaii does not observe DST so now my TV shows are an hour earlier.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I like the extra hour of sunlight.

There is no extra hour of sunlight due to DST.

I wish it would go away.

I for one am for a 2 time zone setup (Eastern (Central and Eastern in one) and Western(Mountain and Pacific)) in the Continental US.
Only 1 hour difference between New York and LA.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I like the extra hour of sunlight.

There is no extra hour of sunlight due to DST.

I wish it would go away.

I for one am for a 2 time zone setup (Eastern (Central and Eastern in one) and Western(Mountain and Pacific)) in the Continental US.
Only 1 hour difference between New York and LA.

Well, NYC and LA matter while all of Texas is in what would be considered flyover country.
Sorry, but that's how it is.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Here in Az it's light enough to drive without lights around 5am in the summer and getting dark around 8pm, in December it's well after 7am to 5.30pm. Never had a feel for the actual difference in the east with DST.

Where I work we start an hour earlier in the summer because of how hot the buildings get late afternoon.

It's more brutal on the East Coast. Once daylight saving times ends it gets dark a little after 4 PM.

Oh and statistically tomorrow is one of the toughest days for driving, too many sleep deprived people.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I say...leave the clocks the way they are now, no switching back 1hr come fall.
Agreed, permanent DST would be good. On regular CST, it's dark when I get to work in the morning and dark when I leave - it would be good to have some daylight at the end of the day.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Here in Az it's light enough to drive without lights around 5am in the summer and getting dark around 8pm, in December it's well after 7am to 5.30pm. Never had a feel for the actual difference in the east with DST.

Where I work we start an hour earlier in the summer because of how hot the buildings get late afternoon.

It's more brutal on the East Coast. Once daylight saving times ends it gets dark a little after 4 PM.

Oh and statistically tomorrow is one of the toughest days for driving, too many sleep deprived people.

Yeah, I was born in and spent 48 years in Pa. I meant with the time change you don't get a true sense of how the daylight shifts on the clock naturally. With DST, bang, you've got a hour more daylight in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back