We got in Car and Driver!

Are the new products you are developing involving moulded rubber/polymer or are you branching out to other things?

We've got 2-3 more things going under the Oil Udder brand that solve problems and we can afford in the short term. Mostly molded, injection molded or possibly a combination of the two. We actually have about 5-6 things we think the market needs but not sure they would be a hit. Some exist and are just junk (cough... leaky, flimsy oil pan trays.. cough) and need a quality option. A few others are unique but not sure if people would pay for them. There is also an IP issue with disclosure. Making market research and customer feedback difficult. Oh well, that is all apart of the process!

The super long play is we are just going to invent things and sell them direct and on amazon. We 4-5 unique products in the prototype phase now with 20 pages of other ideas. They are in the sports, hunting/fishing, pets and DIY markets. Looking to launch another brand next year with the lessons learned from the Oil Udder launch while keeping our foot on the gas on the sales front (mostly all Elliott's domain).

The even bigger plan is in 2-4 years I'll be doing products/inventions full time....from a sailboat...or sweet 4x4 van... Adventures lead to ideas lead to products...then repeat... The dream

Try dumping the oil from a Ford pick up that had that 1/2 turn plug that gushes out the oil . Those are awful and needs something to help prevent the mess.
Good on you for inventing things to make life easier (y)

Congratulations! I have mine still sitting in the garage waiting for my first oil change. I wish I had this a long time ago! Seems like it will make some changes much less messy!

I'm trying the udder on the goofy Toyota inverted canister filter soon. It's not a perfect solution, but it's got to be better than the valve that comes with the filter elements.

The canister filters are great when located on the top side of the engine compartment, but Toyota placing them underneath and upside down is a head scratcher.

I'm trying the udder on the goofy Toyota inverted canister filter soon. It's not a perfect solution, but it's got to be better than the valve that comes with the filter elements.

The canister filters are great when located on the top side of the engine compartment, but Toyota placing them underneath and upside down is a head scratcher.

Let me know how that goes. We had one guy glue a steel puck to the bottom so the Udder would stick. He said it worked like a champ!

Congratulations!

I used the oil udder on the 240 wagon. It has a remote filter that always leaks a little. The Oil Udder caught and contained the spill and protected my hand from the hot filter. A useful tool. Thanks.

Congratulations!

I used the oil udder on the 240 wagon. It has a remote filter that always leaks a little. The Oil Udder caught and contained the spill and protected my hand from the hot filter. A useful tool. Thanks.

Great feedback thank you! I think you are the first known 240. What year? I add this to our notes for potential questions down the road... :cool:

Officially in the print! Page 16 :cool:

CarandDriver_med.jpg

We are doing our best! More to come...
That would be great . I think something that can get up to the side of the pan to catch the oil and the udder allowing your fingers to turn the oil plug that last little bit before it releases the oil so you can hold it in place with that cross member close by . I know a lot of lube shops whould be glad to have something like this plus owners.

Back