WD40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SecondMonkey
LOL, if only I had a nickel for every person I found on the internet claiming to have met the guy who invented WD40 and talked about it's formulation/uses. I'd be rich!
LOL.gif

Did any of them tell you about WD-1 through WD-39? I've always wondered...

I didn't claim to meet the inventor, by the way. I said (the truth, not a claim) that I'd met someone who claimed to be one of the team that invented it.

Whether he was telling tall tales or not is irrelevant - I frankly didn't believe him myself. However, he was right about the lubrication properties of WD-40, but you don't have to be a chemical engineer or one of its inventors to know that it's not a very good lubricant.

I had stored a rifle many years ago with it, its since been sold, after ripping it down and cleaning the inside of the bolt and firing pin. It gummed up the firing pin pretty bad, causing hang fires. I wouldn't dare use it on a weapon bolt or firing pin for LT storage. This is common knowledge in some shooting circles.

JMO

Frank D

Does anyone hear actually research the MSDS's and look us CAS numbers to see what these chemicals actually are before you tell someone they are an idiot???

Know of two 90+ year old women who rub it on their knees. Say it helps for the aches and pains. Not getting any younger and I'm thing of trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back