Waxing a new truck? How soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really want to wax your car just pour Pennzoil YB in it and you are good to go. joking.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
$399 value. That's hilarious. It's a $3.99 bottle of wax issued to the detailing department, applied by some goon with a buffer and buffed to a high shine with some red shop rags. If you can avoid this 'service', just tell him you appreciate the generous offer, but you prefer to do it yourself. Either that, or spend your next free weekend with a random orbital buffer trying to un-do what they've done.

Unless you can watch them do it I would be very skeptical. I watched a dealership "prep" my girlfriends Equinox and asked them to stop as they were about to wash it with a sponge that had just been on the shop floor.

$399 value. That's hilarious. It's a $3.99 bottle of wax issued to the detailing department, applied by some goon with a buffer and buffed to a high shine with some red shop rags. If you can avoid this 'service', just tell him you appreciate the generous offer, but you prefer to do it yourself. Either that, or spend your next free weekend with a random orbital buffer trying to un-do what they've done.

That's what I was thinking too as I know the mark-up on this, scotch guard and undercoating is something like 300%?
I think I will say what was mentioned, thanks for the generous offer but I will do it myself. Thanks everyone, appreciate the help! Now I just have to find out if I should dump the "Factory break-in oil" or leave it until 5000km's as they suggest?

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182

Unless you can watch them do it I would be very skeptical. I watched a dealership "prep" my girlfriends Equinox and asked them to stop as they were about to wash it with a sponge that had just been on the shop floor.

crackmeup2.gif

The grit from the shop floor gives the sponge "extra special cleaning power". You're lucky they didn't charge you even more for that.

Thanks guy's, going to try and get some Collinite 845, it seems like the favorite here and at Autopia.org
Hope to do it this wknd, time permitting.........Irv

Here's what I do to all my cars every 3 months.
1:Wash with Dawn in hot water.
2:Clay with Mothers.
3:Wash again in dawn to remove any clay residue.
4:Meguires NXT Tech wax.
5:Final seal with Meguires Ultimate Quik Detailer.

I top off every weekly wash with the detailer and use Black Magic Titanium Matte tire finish.It gives a rich,low-gloss look.

^Same here, but I do it every 4-6 months and clay bar once a year. I use UQD every after wash (2-3x a month).
Maintain them clean by California Car Duster every other day with UQD.

Sometimes I use Deep Crystal Polish before NXT.

I have never waxed any vehicle I have owned and they have always looked good right up till I got rid of them, lol. I don't really have time to do all that though, seems like alot of work!

Some people dont care that their paint doesn't look as good as it could and others really care. Different strokes for different folks.

And some do not care what oil they use....all oil is alike so cheapest is best.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: irv
Thanks guy's, going to try and get some Collinite 845, it seems like the favorite here and at Autopia.org
Hope to do it this wknd, time permitting.........Irv

Well I finally got around to using the Collinite 845 Insulator wax this wknd,(got my truck box done before the rain started again
mad.gif
)
This stuff is excellent! It goes on super easy and you hardly need any product, I used a 1/4 of what I normally use, it just keeps spreading!
I let it completely dry and then buffed off with good polishing MF cloth(s)This stuff shines and is suppose to be super durable and last a very cery long time(compared to most/all other waxes)

For those that care about your vehicles finish, you have to try this stuff, and it doesn't make a mess of you black molding/trim, it comes right off nice and easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back