Waxed My 12 Year Old Honda Fit

Usually wax once in the spring/summer and once in the fall. Spring/summer is usually a paste or liquid wax (this time was Turtle Wax “super hard shell” paste) and the fall is usually a spray (Mother’s). Looks pretty good to me for 12 years in Ontario weather.

F3FD7A09-FACC-418E-9B74-C47DAF55326B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. My wife gets the garage for her white Mazda5 in the winter but we keep them in the driveway during the warmer months. I think it provides some evidence that regularly maintaining the paint can help. My parents ‘06 Honda Civic also hasn’t suffered from the clear coat failure and 90% of the Civics up here (from that gen) do.

7F3A7D13-B58B-4A26-A3B8-3D083A84FFBB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually wax once in the spring/summer and once in the fall. Spring/summer is usually a paste or liquid wax (this time was Turtle Wax “super hard shell” paste) and the fall is usually a spray (Mother’s). Looks pretty good to me for 12 years in Ontario weather.

View attachment 109060
Beautiful job, man!

Looks pretty good and I've always thought the Fit looks to be a decent hatch. Never read much about them, how is performance vs. economy?

Looks good. Makes me want to throw my expensive detailing products in the trash after seeing this. :ROFLMAO:

Looks pretty good and I've always thought the Fit looks to be a decent hatch. Never read much about them, how is performance vs. economy?
Thanks! I love the Fit and was said to see it cancelled for NA along with various other small cars.

In terms of performance vs. economy I have no complaints, but in an ideal world it would have an extra 20hp or so (taking it from 117hp closer to 140hp). For day to day use, it’s great.

I know what you mean. Although I don’t own said expensive products, I often consider them but change my mind after seeing the results of the basic consumer product offerings.
You made the right decision lol.

Thanks! I love the Fit and was said to see it cancelled for NA along with various other small cars.

In terms of performance vs. economy I have no complaints, but in an ideal world it would have an extra 20hp or so (taking it from 117hp closer to 140hp). For day to day use, it’s great.
I know the feeling. I went from a 2012 Honda Insight with 98HP to a 2017 Accord Sport with 189HP.

But obviously the insight was a great commuter car. Averaged around 52mpg with it

MAGIC SEATS ! No more Magic Seat for the '23 HR-V , not sure about other HONDA models . The '22 Ford Maverick and '22 Hyundai Santa Cruz have them . They've been a big help with large rand taller items .

View attachment 109060
One of the best cars I've ever owned. Drove it for ten years and then gave it to my son in 19, who drives it to this day.

Looks great ! How are the headlights ?

The headlights are still clear. Now, I must admit that I’ve had bad luck with hazed headlights by the time my cars reach 10 years old. When I discovered spray wax I started waxing my headlights and taillights to better preserve them. In fact, I just spray waxed my wife’s windshield for the first time to see if it helps during rainy weather.

Back