Wax/coating for aircraft polished leading edges?

We currently polish our leading edges every few months. The requirement is to use a gentle aluminum polish, then apply Xzilon liquid wax or other wax on the leading edge as a corrosion inhibitor. in recent years, the Zylon just does not seem to be holding up well. Not sure if the application method is wrong, or if the product changed.

any thoughts on an alternative?

What about this stuff? A local auto dealer chain installs this product on every new car and tries to charge $400 for it.
Snake oil

I use Lemon Pledge on my C-172, the windshield and the wing leading edges. Sounds like a joke, but it works well.

We currently polish our leading edges every few months. The requirement is to use a gentle aluminum polish, then apply Xzilon liquid wax or other wax on the leading edge as a corrosion inhibitor. in recent years, the Zylon just does not seem to be holding up well. Not sure if the application method is wrong, or if the product changed.

any thoughts on an alternative?

ReJex?

There used to be some stuff called Boeshield (from Boeing). It was for canopy glass/lexan but it was said to reduce drag as well. I didn't Google it though.

Rejex. I used to use it on my cars, both paint and glass, but switched to the newer ceramic sprays.
But Rejex was easy to apply and remove and lasted about 6 to 7 months of rain a daily driven use. I still have some around and the literature I once read said it was originally developed for use on airplanes.

I really like Rejex for keeping exhaust stains at bay. Great stuff. However, Griots 3 in 1 ceramic wax is actually better! And worlds easier to use.

I am currently trying both on our leading edges and will see if either works.

I really like Rejex for keeping exhaust stains at bay. Great stuff. However, Griots 3 in 1 ceramic wax is actually better! And worlds easier to use.

I am currently trying both on our leading edges and will see if either works.
The Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax is the exact product I switched to from Rejex :). There is a guy ScottH on youtube that does independent durability tests, and of the spray on, wipe off products, the Griots is one of better products for durability...about the same or better to what I was getting with Rejex and even easier to apply and remove.

Back