Wax applicator

What kind of wax applicator? I purchased some wax, it came with a cheap square microfiber applicator, it's leaving lint behind.. I used the microfiber clothes from Costco to remove the wax and it worked well.

I use these things.

92123F86-C16D-40E8-BCC1-B31986338FAF.jpeg

How did you like this wax? Is it easy to apply and easy to take for? How did the car look afterwards? Thank you
I like it a lot, it gives the car a nice deep shine, but you do need to avoid getting it on black plastic trim. It doesn’t last as long as the Meguiar’s “Ultimate” liquid wax though.

Over the winter I have been using Turtle Wax Seal and Shine and the Ice Spray wax after a wash. It’s easier to apply and lasts quite a while. But I like to use the Meguiar’s liquid wax on the car when I do a spring cleaning.

I like it a lot, it gives the car a nice deep shine, but you do need to avoid getting it on black plastic trim. It doesn’t last as long as the Meguiar’s “Ultimate” liquid wax though.

Over the winter I have been using Turtle Wax Seal and Shine and the Ice Spray wax after a wash. It’s easier to apply and lasts quite a while. But I like to use the Meguiar’s liquid wax on the car when I do a spring cleaning.
I just bought McGuire's, ultimate quik wax. I haven't tried it yet.. I just, put a coat of Ardex Miami shine on it.. and used McGuire's on the leather, and Maguire's interior cleaner on the dashboard and all. Thank you for your feedback..

I just bought McGuire's, ultimate quik wax. I haven't tried it yet.. I just, put a coat of Ardex Miami shine on it.. and used McGuire's on the leather, and Maguire's interior cleaner on the dashboard and all. Thank you for your feedback..
Which one do you feel is easier to work with out of the two?

Which one do you feel is easier to work with out of the two?

I’m not familiar with Ardex, but I would have to say a spray wax like the Meguiar’s Quik Wax would be easier to work with. But a liquid or paste wax will give you better and longer lasting results.

Out of the Meguiar’s Gold Class and Ultimate, I think Ultimate is a little easier to work with because you don’t have to worry about getting it on black trim pieces, but they both go on and come off pretty easy in my opinion.

McGuires

Maguire’s

Meguiars.

As for the applicator, I find those 2x4 microfiber ones with the foam insert to be excellent. Apparently you got a cheap one.

I’m not familiar with Ardex, but I would have to say a spray wax like the Meguiar’s Quik Wax would be easier to work with. But a liquid or paste wax will give you better and longer lasting results.

Out of the Meguiar’s Gold Class and Ultimate, I think Ultimate is a little easier to work with because you don’t have to worry about getting it on black trim pieces, but they both go on and come off pretty easy in my opinion.
McGuire's ultimate liquid wax any idea which one you used? I see an old formula for $24.99 and a new formula for $18 I have no idea what the difference is..

McGuire's ultimate liquid wax any idea which one you used? I see an old formula for $24.99 and a new formula for $18 I have no idea what the difference is..
I bought both the Gold Class and Ultimate liquid waxes last summer, so if they have changed formulas since then, I am not sure. I doubt there is any huge difference between the new and old formulas.

Last edited:
I bought both the Gold Class and the Ultimate liquid waxes last summer, so if they have changed formulas since then, I am not sure. I doubt there is any huge difference between the new and old formulas.
Okay I'll buy the new formula it's cheaper!! Getting around so much better!! With the new medication that I'm on.. I might as well throw another coat of wax on my car.. 😊 by the end of of Summer I'll have a bunch of coats on there.. LOL

Back