WaWa opening a few stores around here (never heard of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Chris142
Funny name for a business.

No funnier than Sheetz.

Wawa is named after an American Indian word that, depending on the source, is either a town name, or the Indian name for "goose", or possibly both. Both Wawa and Sheetz tend to open very large gas stations with many more pumps than is typical, and offer a wide range of food and beverages, and a sandwich counter. Their gas is decent but not Top Tier. My understanding in my work with Wawa corporate is that they do better QA and inventory control than the typical off-brand gas retailers, so you are less likely to have problems with their products. Sheetz and Wawa have very similar business models, but started out in different East Coast USA regions.

I've noticed quite a few Wawa locations in all of my trips to SW Florida, they've been there for a while (I believe I first saw them around 2012) The ones I have seen always look very modern and clean, but it's a bummer they don't offer Top Tier fuel, as that means I'd never fill up my Corvette down there. I also like Race Trac stations, they are all very clean in SW Florida, but also not Top Tier. Hopefully that changes by the time I start spending my winters in that area (in the winter of 2022/23)

Wawa's seem to everywhere in Delaware, like every mile or so apart, I use BP gas. Royal Farms are starting to build up in Northern Delaware now, excellent chicken.

I've been using Wawa E0 in my 2001 Explorer Sport Trac and all my OPE for about a year now.
I add Gumout High Mileage fuel system cleaner in everything, generators and lawnmower. No problems.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Wawa, like Sheetz, originated as an eastern Pa/Jersey thing.

Good food for a gas station, reasonable service, and modern facilities.

Cleanliness at these places is always variable based on how busy they are but I'd pick a Wawa or Sheetz over a no-name shady type place any day...

And Wawa my be the only place I'd actually attempt gas station sushi...

I WISH that we had a Sheetz locally, this far east in Pa., as they tend to have an E85 pump (so that I can mix with 93 to get an E30 blend) more so than any other chain (or even the 'major' fuel companies).
frown.gif

Originally Posted by henni
All over S Florida, our go-to place for ethanol free (E0) fuel which is priced same as Premium and always cheaper than Shell & Mobil
WaWA & Stewart's help the continuing rise in E0 sources listed at pure-gas.org
pure-gas.org (unfunded) started with less than 2000 E0 listed sources in the U.S. & Canada. pure-gas.org (still unfunded) now lists over 14,000 E0 sources, with details & maps.

Originally Posted by Leo99
All I use is Wawa gas. Just filled up there a half hour ago. My wife switched from no-name gas stations to Wawa about 100k miles ago. It's just gasoline. No reason to overthink this. They must buy their gas from some local place. No idea what kind it is. Never had a problem.

They used to be just convenience stores but have been switching over to large gas stations with a convenience store. The sandwich ordering is pretty cool with a kiosk that prints the invoice. Go and pay for you sandwich and chips and drinks and whatever else. By the time you're done paying, your sandwich should be waiting for you.

WaWa fell behind Northern NJ's Quick Chek when it comes to coffee though, so then they had to adapt somewhat. I prefer Quick Chek's coffee over WaWa, as it pains me to say it.

They have a strong following here in NJ. I usually get my gas at Costco as it is cheaper and TopTier, but fill up at WaWa if l need gas and am not near a Costco.

Their employees are well trained. They never "top off" the tank after it is full and return credit cards immediately after swiping the pump. That doesn't always happen at other places here in NJ, the land of full-service only gas.

They also have good coffee and customer service. Their gas islands and stores are always busy.

Originally Posted by Joe1
They have a strong following here in NJ. I usually get my gas at Costco as it is cheaper and TopTier, but fill up at WaWa if l need gas and am not near a Costco.

Their employees are well trained. They never "top off" the tank after it is full and return credit cards immediately after swiping the pump. That doesn't always happen at other places here in NJ, the land of full-service only gas.

They also have good coffee and customer service. Their gas islands and stores are always busy.

Yeah, whenever I fill up at a Joyzee station, (which is ALL of the time now since they are ~ 60 cents a gallon LESS THAN the Pennsyltuckey stations for Shell VPower!), I have to tell the attendants that I have EXACT change on a cash sale, otherwise they will go until it is POURING out of the fill tube in order to 'round off' to the nearest buck, ruining my EVAP system!
mad.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back