WaWa opening a few stores around here (never heard of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
I know it's not on the Top Tier list but does anyone have experience with them? Is it a quality place to fill up at least once in a while?

https://www.wawa.com/fuel

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
All over S Florida, our go-to place for ethanol free (E0) fuel which is priced same as Premium and always cheaper than Shell & Mobil

Great sandwiches, theyre big around us in NJ. From what I recall, I think theyre all owned by one person and dont franchise. They have been around for at least 25 years in south jersey. I dont normally fill up there, although the ones around me are always busy. Pricing is meh on super and diesel, mostly cheap regular to get people inside to buy the eggs and milk.

Originally Posted by wemay
I know it's not on the Top Tier list but does anyone have experience with them? Is it a quality place to fill up at least once in a while?

https://www.wawa.com/fuel

I would guess its not Top Tier unless they say it is. All grades of gas need to meet EPA requirements to be sold. That means it contains the minimum detergent the EPA requires. Being Top Tier requires more detergent.

I am sure if you email them they will tell you.

They sell a ton of gas, so I always feel safe filling up if it's on my route. It's like Sheetz, if you're familiar with those. Kind of an all-in-one roadtrippping stop.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but a lot of my coworkers get their morning coffee there.

One thing I'm not too fond of with Wawa is that their premium is 92 octane, while everywhere else is 93. Their 92 is usually a few cents cheaper than the competition's 93, though.

Last edited:
They're going up all around Jacksonville too. I've only ever been in one once but it was really nice. However, since it's not Top Tier gas I don't buy from them. 99% of the time it's Shell 93.

Originally Posted by Throt
They're going up all around Jacksonville too. I've only ever been in one once but it was really nice. However, since it's not Top Tier gas I don't buy from them. 99% of the time it's Shell 93.

I usually go to Chevron, Shell or Marathon too. But my goodness, this place is opening up a half mile away, in between my son's daycare and home. If it's so convenient, I may just start using Techron or Gummout every oil change.

When we lived in eastern PA, we loved to go to Wawa (gas and all). Back home we hit-up Weigel's. As for gas, we mostly hit up Costco.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by Throt

I usually go to Chevron, Shell or Marathon too. But my goodness, this place is opening up a half mile away, in between my son's daycare and home. If it's so convenient, I may just start using Techron or Gummout every oil change.

if it makes your feel better you could just dump in 2oz per fillup, currently 20oz is 6.99 so that would be 70cents per fillup.

They have an aggressive expansion model in Florida. They also carry ethanol free, for a decent price, and the 87 octane is always tied for the cheapest gas in my area. They are not known for gas. They are known for their food. Most people stop in for a coffee, sandwich, hoagie, salad, soup, milk shakes, etc. Its basically a deli, that sells gas.

Go in for the grand opening. They will be giving away free coffee (including specialty drinks) and the hoagie sandwiches will be like $1 or $2. Made fresh to order right in front of you, like Subway, but better.

Wawa, like Sheetz, originated as an eastern Pa/Jersey thing.

Good food for a gas station, reasonable service, and modern facilities.

Cleanliness at these places is always variable based on how busy they are but I'd pick a Wawa or Sheetz over a no-name shady type place any day...

And Wawa my be the only place I'd actually attempt gas station sushi...

All I use is Wawa gas. Just filled up there a half hour ago. My wife switched from no-name gas stations to Wawa about 100k miles ago. It's just gasoline. No reason to overthink this. They must buy their gas from some local place. No idea what kind it is. Never had a problem.

They used to be just convenience stores but have been switching over to large gas stations with a convenience store. The sandwich ordering is pretty cool with a kiosk that prints the invoice. Go and pay for you sandwich and chips and drinks and whatever else. By the time you're done paying, your sandwich should be waiting for you.

Last edited:
Very clean and efficient stores. Reasonable prices for fuel. I buy a lot of gas there. They sell tons of it so it is always fresh. I Emailed corporate once to inquire if their gas was Top Tier. They said that it was not but that they purchase only the highest quality fuels from a network of east coast suppliers and pass the savings onto their customers. That was the response that I got in late 2016.

Last edited:
Wawa has the convenience store formula down pat. 7-11 and any other small convenience store usually don't stand a chance. They've been extremely successful over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back