Watched a video about ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this video here while doing a random search on the internet about ISIS. They're a very strict and oppressive bunch. They have great aspirations of grandeur to take over the whole world and enforce their Sharia law. I don't see how most Americans could possibly adjust to that way of life.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
This video here.

I found that video while doing a random search on the internet about ISIS. They're a very strict and oppressive bunch. They have great aspirations of grandeur to take over the whole world and enforce their Sharia law. I don't see how most Americans could possibly adjust to that way of life.

Luckily, we don't have to.

Last edited:
Excellent documentary. Very well produced and gives a window into the human side -- which somehow makes the people more relatable while making the situation seem much scarier.

Your last sentence is interesting. I never would have thought it'd even occur to anyone to wonder whether Americans could adjust to that way of life.

They have great aspirations of grandeur to take over the whole world and enforce their Sharia Law. I don't see how most Americans could possibly adjust to that way of life.

Alter a few words and it's strikingly similar to the mission of neocons.

Don't forget we're in that part of the world and have been for more than a century. They are not here.

Alphabet acronyms of any kind always raise my brow.

Perfect English-speaking bad guys only raise it higher.

The fact that ISIS is the reason to return to Iraq and slaughter people (troops and civilians alike) no matter who wins, have sent my eyebrows into orbit....

Originally Posted By: jrustles

Like IRI?
Islamic Republic of Iran

Originally Posted By: jrustles

Sure English is language of the vehicular language of the world. I know quite a few people whom speak English better than us North Americans and never left Kabul.

I found this video here while doing a random search on the internet about ISIS. They're a very strict and oppressive bunch. They have great aspirations of grandeur to take over the whole world and enforce their Sharia law. I don't see how most Americans could possibly adjust to that way of life.

Do not watch ISIS videos on liveleaks, unless you want a bad headache.

They have great aspirations of grandeur to take over the whole world and enforce their Sharia law. I don't see how most Americans could possibly adjust to that way of life.

Luckily, we wont stand for that sort of non-sense here. They may hit us with terrorist attacks and behead American's over there, but they have no way to get here, no way to invade, and no way to beat our military on our soil.

And even if they or some other foreign force did make it to America and defeat our military, no invading force could match the 75 MILLION plus gun owners in America who would rise up and create the largest, deadliest insurgency in the history of warfare. Put plainly, invading America would be a guaranteed suicide mission for all invading forces. I don't think that if all the worlds armies combined invaded America at the same time, that America would lose. Invading forces would suffer so many losses through attrition that they would eventually give up and go home.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese WW2 leader

Quote:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

+1; I mentioned to a coworker that i pity the country that underestimates this. We may have some internal strife, but when the invaders try to overrun us, you will find the surliest band of opponents; Skin head Nazis will gladly toss some of their loaded clips to the drag queens in defense of this nation.

Quote:

I know quite a few people whom speak English better than us North Americans and never left Kabul.

Based on that sentence, I'd have to agree ( or is it half to agree? )

Last edited:
The biggest problem isn't an invasion from enemy forces, it's a conversion of American's to their beliefs which causes isolated terror acts, hopefully none too large scale.

The fact that ISIS is the reason to return to Iraq and slaughter people (troops and civilians alike) no matter who wins, have sent my eyebrows into orbit.... [/quote]

My eyebrow is firmly stuck on surprised
Let's not send more innocent people to there unnecessary deaths please.
And who deleted my original post?
And there's a reference behind that image, if you watch the show.

Most anyone. Abomination, not Muslim.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
They have great aspirations of grandeur to take over the whole world and enforce their Sharia law. I don't see how most Americans could possibly adjust to that way of life.

Luckily, we wont stand for that sort of non-sense here. They may hit us with terrorist attacks and behead American's over there, but they have no way to get here, no way to invade, and no way to beat our military on our soil.

And even if they or some other foreign force did make it to America and defeat our military, no invading force could match the 75 MILLION plus gun owners in America who would rise up and create the largest, deadliest insurgency in the history of warfare. Put plainly, invading America would be a guaranteed suicide mission for all invading forces. I don't think that if all the worlds armies combined invaded America at the same time, that America would lose. Invading forces would suffer so many losses through attrition that they would eventually give up and go home.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese WW2 leader

No need to talk yourself up. They would never have the power, strength or will to actually try to invade any country. There weapon are terror, and fear.

Originally Posted By: shDK
No need to talk yourself up. They would never have the power, strength or will to actually try to invade any country. There weapon are terror, and fear.

While it's inconceivable that they could invade the US (any time soon), they have just invaded and taken over large parts of Iraq, and quite easily.

In the process, they acquired more weapons (from the Iraqi army who were given them by the US).

So they have already demonstrated the power, strength and will to invade a country.

wait, hang on,
what the fun is ISIS? what happened to al-queda?
now we have a flipping acronym in english? who comes with this stuff?

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Originally Posted By: shDK

While it's inconceivable that they could invade the US (any time soon), they have just invaded and taken over large parts of Iraq, and quite easily.

In the process, they acquired more weapons (from the Iraqi army who were given them by the US).

So they have already demonstrated the power, strength and will to invade a country.

They have taken parts off Iraq. Not all of it. They have taken advantage of a weak, deeply destabilized country with practically no political or military power. I can't say I agree with you.

Sad stuff.

Our government is just learning that dictators like Syria's Asaad and Sadam Hussein are beyond important to remain in power to keep this area stabilized. It is hard to comprehend but it requires an iron fist to keep people who live in the same country playing nice.

I am sickened what is happening in Iraq as our failed foreign policy led to this. Now we are working with Syria thankfully to work this one out.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Our government is just learning that dictators like Syria's Asaad and Sadam Hussein are beyond important to remain in power to keep this area stabilized. It is hard to comprehend but it requires an iron fist to keep people who live in the same country playing nice.

Agreed. Democracy is not for everyone.

An embarrassment to good Muslims everywhere, who IMO have been too slow to condemn this extremist garbage.

And having our incredibly inept group of obvious amateurs working on it only scares me more! Their failures are many, their successes are few.

They also have an amazing pile of money and weapons. But no real training and support for them, so they can't do much but rampage locally among the rest of the sand dwellers.

I agree they could never take over our country, but they could easily smuggle a nuke or a dirty bomb into a crowded stadium or such, we have few real borders anymore and they have LOTS of foreign fighters with passports...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back