Watch UFC 101?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I can't believe Anderson Silva! I knew he would win but did not think it would be that one sided. Almost seem like a joke. And does anybody know why Griffin ran off like that? And I was happy that Penn did what he did.

I didnt see it, but I read about the outcome. I'm a big forrest Griffin fan. but he's credibility took a big hit in my books. I've only heard about how he acted in the ring, and thats a big nono for me. I used to really admire Anderson until his last fight, which is no way for a champ to act. Still not sure about the UFC. Money will make anyone do stupid things, Dana white is greedy enough to turn it into a WWF spectacle. Not so much with the antics, just with the dives, and political B.S. we'll see.

As for the florian/ Penn fight, sorry, I'm not a big BJ Penn guy. I was really hoping florian would pull the upset.

Silva said he won't fight Machida, which I was surprised to hear. He fights Henderson next.

They had the fight on last night in Hooters. Very unpleasant to try to eat something while violence and bloody bodies are on TV.

My wife questioned the wisdom of being around other people's blood and the risk of contracting something blood-borne like AIDS and such.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
They had the fight on last night in Hooters. Very unpleasant to try to eat something while violence and bloody bodies are on TV.

My wife questioned the wisdom of being around other people's blood and the risk of contracting something blood-borne like AIDS and such.

33.gif

As in any blood sport, whether it be mixed martial arts or boxing, these guys are routinely tested for blood borne diseases.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

33.gif

As in any blood sport, whether it be mixed martial arts or boxing, these guys are routinely tested for blood borne diseases.

Well, there is a window when the patient is infectious and the disease cannot yet be detected through tests.

Well I ate good while watching it. I have seen Football players covered in blood too. It is very hard to contract most blood borne illnesses plus these guys are some of the most well conditioned athletes on the planet. Plus they get paid well for it. Count me in if I had the ability to do it! Silva wont fight Machida because they are friends and train together. Henderson will be easy for him like mentioned above. I want to see Silva at 185 fight GSP at 185 no way GSP is 170. He could do it if he wants to.

I watched the PPV. Griffin looked like he took a dive... Anderson was punching while backpedaling, it didn't look very powerful, and Griffin's "KO" looked suspect to me... there was a little too much flopping around for my taste.

That said, I heard he had a dislocated jaw and couldn't hear out of one ear, and that's why he ran off. I don't know what to think about that.

Personally I think the best action is in the WEC now. And it's free, also!

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Well I ate good while watching it. I have seen Football players covered in blood too. It is very hard to contract most blood borne illnesses plus these guys are some of the most well conditioned athletes on the planet. Plus they get paid well for it. Count me in if I had the ability to do it! Silva wont fight Machida because they are friends and train together. Henderson will be easy for him like mentioned above. I want to see Silva at 185 fight GSP at 185 no way GSP is 170. He could do it if he wants to.

Although GSP makes weight at 170, he usually comes in to the octagon around 190.

Originally Posted By: MarkC

Although GSP makes weight at 170, he usually comes in to the octagon around 190.

Exactly thats the fight I think most UFC fans want to see!

First off I can't believe Anderson Silva! I knew he would win but did not think it would be that one sided. Almost seem like a joke. And does anybody know why Griffin ran off like that? And I was happy that Penn did what he did.

Griffin is an emotional guy. I think he just didn't want to be curled up against the cage in the fetal position crying like he did after Jardine KO'd him. That was probably a little embarrassing.

Penn looked great. He looked more muscular than ever before and didn't tire. That training from Marinovich paid off. He controlled the fight and waited for the opportunity to finish. That was great back control and the heels to the liver finished off Florian's will to fight.

Silva? What can you say? He made Forrest look like a drunk trying to box Roy Jones Jr. outside a bar. Forrest was taylor-made for Silva. If anyone is going to beat Silva, it's going to be a wrestler with good top control jiu jitsu and solid ground and pound. So GSP may be able to do it, but it sounds like Silva may want to stay at 205. I can't think of anyone there that fits that mold. Maybe Henderson or Rampage, but their GnP isn't that strong and Hendo didn't look great in the first fight despite controlling the first round.

The fighters go through a lot of medical screening before, after, and during licensing for a fight. The risks are very low.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Silva vs. Lesnar
grin2.gif

Machida is the one that wants to fight Lesnar, so he may eventually vacate LHW so Silva can rule that division.

It's amazing to think that Silva, the former 167-pound Shooto champion and at one time the top welterweight in the world (IMO), is now being even sort of considered as a heavyweight contender!

Originally Posted By: jdeare
I watched the PPV. Griffin looked like he took a dive... Anderson was punching while backpedaling, it didn't look very powerful, and Griffin's "KO" looked suspect to me... there was a little too much flopping around for my taste.

That said, I heard he had a dislocated jaw and couldn't hear out of one ear, and that's why he ran off. I don't know what to think about that.

Personally I think the best action is in the WEC now. And it's free, also!

Do you have DVR? Check out some of the angles on the replay again. Forrest got cracked hard and it can be seen from the view behind him. He didn't have his jaw clenched and it doesn't take much when a guy gets hit in the jaw with something unexpected while his mouth is open.

The WEC event was very good. What a shocker for the main event! Bowles looked very composed. I was yelling at the TV for the ref to stop it after Torres took the knockout blow on the ground. It was obvious how much trouble he was in, and the knockout was expected at that point, so I think the ref should have stopped it two punches earlier. I was also surprised that Cruz did so well against Benavidez. Curran and Massouh didn't deserve to lose such close fights, but neither did Garcia or Mizugaki. I had 28-28 on both, but they seem to have a near-ban on 10-10 rounds in North America.

I hope WEC stays free. Next up, StrikeForce on Showtime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back