Watch it out there!

I stopped at the hardware store and just as I was getting out I watched a small car at a stop sign take off and cut off an f-350. The truck barely stopped in time.
then I drove down the road and had people pass me and almost have head on collisions. I was driving just over the speed limit but I guess it wasn't fast enough for others. when I stopped later for snacks these same people were in the parking lot. I pointed out this stuff to my son, it's amazing what kind of hurry people are in and how they will risk their lives and others' lives for such little gain in time.

We just got back form a 4,000 mile trip, imagine how many close calls we saw. I wonder if some people don't understand the risks they take when taking chances?

I got back from 900 mile trip and had a few near misses.

I saw a Ford Transit work van (looked like a plumber with PVC pipes on roof) ) constantly lane changing and tailgating cars. I took my foot off the gas and let the idiot pass cause he was on my rear bumper like a NASCAR driver drafting at the Daytona 500. :mad:

Sure enough a few miles down the highway (I-75) he clips the rear bumper of a BMW. Him and the BMW both swerved to the left side shoulder, cutting me off and I had to hit my brakes hoping nobody would hit me from behind. Luckily the driver following me was paying attention.

Last edited:
Was out for a bit today and amazed at the speed of traffic. Usually Saturday is a little laid back but today even a little old lady stomped me at a stop light. I don`t engage potential road rage situations due to gun slingers with low IQ.

A lot of people aren’t putting the mikes they once were onto their vehicles. I think this makes them lose skill.

Had a close call today, girl in a Scion nearly sideswiped my Regal GS. I was in the far left lane doing 72 and she come flying off the highway on ramp and drifted across 2 lanes into mine, if the wife hadn't have seen her and told me to watch out and slammed on the brakes probably would have ended up in the center median, wrecked. :mad:

Massholes.

I have been driving in Boston traffic my entire working life. There is a reason the word above came to be.

Here in San Diego, the traffic has been way worse since people are back to work. It gets downright crazy at times. I drive 80 to keep up with traffic and people are flying past me. Then you come upon someone driving 50 in the 3rd lane. You can see where it turns into a serious hazard to drive anymore. It's been pretty common to have fatality accidents around here.

How about the people that are behind you and cut to the right lane to pass and then you catch up to them at the red light.

I have increased my defensive driving practices ten fold. I keep trying to slow down in general and remove the haste in my life. Hurry kills. Two weeks ago a co-worker's dad died in a chainsaw accident. Very experienced, he simply had a tiny glitch in the normal chain of events that resulted in death. Be careful everyone.

Back