Washed my Porsche today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my first wash on the new Porsche today. Used carpro reset and 1 bucket with 3 mitts. I think it came out good for a first try as I haven't washed a car in probably 15 years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

NICE!!!!!!!! But what really caught my eye was that stunning Jeep Patriot in the foreground, LOL (I own one). I once yelled at my son-in-law for parking his Charger HellCat near my Patriot - gave it an inferiority complex.

Enjoy your beautiful car.

Originally Posted by gman2304
Beautiful. The pressure washer in the background is troubling...
shocked.gif

I pressure washed it to get the big dirt off first. I used a wide angle tip and kept my distance. Then I used a foam cannon. I also used the pressure washer to rinse. Then I used my little computer blower to blow the water off the car before I used the drying towels. Similar to this one
[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jhs914
Nice Cayman GTS, but I'm digging the 968 in the background.

I love the 968, it's a fun car. It's in great shape except for the paint. I think I am going to get it painted but I am unsure about how far I want to go on it. I've got quotes between 5 and 10k

How bad is the insurance hit on something like that if you have a clean record? Is it one of those-if you have to ask things?

Originally Posted by rekit
How bad is the insurance hit on something like that if you have a clean record? Is it one of those-if you have to ask things?

It's actually similar to my superduty in cost. I have it listed as a pleasure vehicle

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by gman2304
Beautiful. The pressure washer in the background is troubling...
shocked.gif

Why's that?

I use a Sun Joe with a foam cannon with Xcellent results, a little common sense and you'll have no problems, use a leaf blower to dry, great for clearing out all the nooks and crannys of water.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back