Warranty claim on a K&N

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a drop in K&N filter on my Honda Civic, and part of the gasket has ripped.

It has about 100k miles on it, and it's about 6 years old.

I sent K&N an email on Friday, so I'm waiting for a response.

Anyone ever take them up on their warranty claim? If so, what was the experience like?

If I were K&N I would give the customer a free filter, even if it's not their fault think of the good PR they would get from this customer which would turn into an ambassador and tell others...

Small price to pay...
wink.gif

Keep us posted...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
If I were K&N I would give the customer a free filter, even if it's not their fault think of the good PR they would get from this customer which would turn into an ambassador and tell others...

Small price to pay...
wink.gif

Keep us posted...

+1

Hopefully they hassle you less than the last time I dealt with them. They took months to reimburse me for a MAF sensor that was killed by a new in the bag filter.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
Hopefully they hassle you less than the last time I dealt with them. They took months to reimburse me for a MAF sensor that was killed by a new in the bag filter.

Had that happen to me on my 2005 Silverado with a brand new out of the box filter. Truck went nuts due to the oil from the filter getting on the MAF. I cleaned the MAF 3 times but it kept coming back. Took the filter out and went back to stock but the MAF never was right again. Dealer repalced it for me no charge though( helps knowing people and being in good with the Service Manager
wink.gif
).

I am a fan of K&N products including their drop in OE replacement filters but not if there is a MAF on the air tube like GM and many Ford's have.

Last edited:
Just to update;

I sent K&N some pics of the filter, and they sent me a new one. So my hats off to them for standing behind their warrenty.

BTW, the one they sent looks to be re-engineered when compared to my old one, the new one's gasket looks more sturdy.

Originally Posted By: JakeR22
Just to update;

I sent K&N some pics of the filter, and they sent me a new one. So my hats off to them for standing behind their warrenty.

BTW, the one they sent looks to be re-engineered when compared to my old one, the new one's gasket looks more sturdy.
Maybe they were aware of a problem and you got the older revision of the product.

Glad it worked out for you!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back