Warning message (oil needs changing)

Never heard of oil changes past 12 months and 5,000 miles seems reasonable since you don't seem to drive much.

The reason I asked the question is because (call me odd but) if I think I am being 'shafted' I find it difficult to just lay back and take it.
The reason I posted this question on this forum is because it is because it is a forum about oil.
AND
I thought someone on here might know (not guess) why the car triggered the change oil notice.

Forgive me if my posts look (to some) provocative I am simply trying to get answers that make sense.

In this instance Porsche would want the equivalent of $500 to change the oil. If that needs doing and that's what it costs I will pay it but I would like (if possible) some evidence. I have had a new car every 3 years for the past 20 years and all have been driven the same and I have never had this before.

To the question - will I be switch off the warning - answer 'no' . . . I would know how to do it and I would risk voiding the warranty
What you are seeing is the Oil Life Monitor -( OLM ) doing what it is designed for. As Pim Tac posted, "Read your Owner's Manual." Your oil has likely also done it's designed duty and is time for a change. The guys are not giving you a hard time. It is not personal.

Back