Wanna See A bad Joke ???

NOW i have seen everything !!!
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

She can be all yours for $4000
thumbsup2.gif
Bonus cracked windshield and warning lights on dash
crackmeup2.gif

I wonder if this is real or the dealer is playing a bad joke ??

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/805927132/overview/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The body looks like a Chrysler 300 I rented from Enterprise. The guy who rented before me paid for the insurance and went to see his ex, she beat on it with a ball bat and did similar damage. I can see why people buy the ins and then walk away at the end of contract.
Smoky

Originally Posted by Smoky14
The body looks like a Chrysler 300 I rented from Enterprise. The guy who rented before me paid for the insurance and went to see his ex, she beat on it with a ball bat and did similar damage. I can see why people buy the ins and then walk away at the end of contract.
Smoky

That's messed up they gave you a car like that !!. Most rental co's will decommission a car like that and send to get repaired or auctioned off ASAP !!

Dave

I live in a small town with Enterprise being the only rental co. It was an emergency trip so I had little choice. The price was outrageous, but what can ya do.
Smoky

If that isn't a bad joke, it doesn't bode well for that dealership regarding what they'll take for a trade, or what they'll try and sell. If I were in the market for a used car and was looking on lots, I'd drive right past that dealership if I saw that load on the lot.

1) All the lesser cars on that lot are proportionally priced in terms of damage, mileage and age?
2) It's a lure to see what kind of people respond? Indigent yokels? Retarded people? Desperate people?
3) Some family member within the dealership who wants a say is fighting within and was allowed to conduct this "business experiment"?
4) It's actually a signal to the police. The dealership's personnel are hostages and managed to get the robbers to set this unlikely car out there and place an internet ad?
5) It's actually being offered as a parts car?

I almost feel like answering their internet listing ad but I don't want them to have my email address.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
If that isn't a bad joke, it doesn't bode well for that dealership regarding what they'll take for a trade, or what they'll try and sell. If I were in the market for a used car and was looking on lots, I'd drive right past that dealership if I saw that load on the lot.

EXACTLY !!! It makes a person wonder how they conduct business with new cars !!

That's a hide WAYYYYYYY behind the lot after trade-in and send to auction at 1AM in the dark ASAP kinda vehicle

I worked at a few dealers in my life and people would be FIRED for putting that POS up for sale at a new car dealer !!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be a BOGO car (buy one get one free). You buy a car from them and they throw in that thing for free!
19.gif
One of us should call that dealership and act all serious about it, ask a bunch of questions as if it's the dream car we've been searching for haha!

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Originally Posted by demarpaint

EXACTLY !!! It makes a person wonder how they conduct business with new cars !!

That's a hide WAYYYYYYY behind the lot after trade-in and send to auction at 1AM in the dark ASAP kinda vehicle

I worked at a few dealers in my life and people would be FIRED for putting that POS up for sale at a new car dealer !!

Dave

Yep, we'd get booted for parking that anywhere near the cars we were selling. You park that garbage in the back and either wholesale it, scrap it, or sell it to an employee for parts or a project car.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
It should be a BOGO car (buy one get one free). You buy a car from them and they throw in that thing for free!
19.gif
One of us should call that dealership and act all serious about it, ask a bunch of questions as if it's the dream car we've been searching for haha!

I did email the dealer and ask if this was a late April fools joke ??? I wonder what Honda would think of that "thing" in front of their dealer ??

Dave

Originally Posted by SeaJay
Nobody has ever driven a vehicle with a few dents on the side?

Yes, I have and so have many others but not for $4000
crackmeup2.gif

Tough times make people ask for the cheapest car on the lot....this lot is not hiding that car, they are putting it right up front. You want the cheapest car we got? you probably noticed it on the way in!

It happens, but that is not something any reputable Honda dealer would offer for sale, or put in sight of people walking the lot.

a friend of mine would buy that in a minute...it never did matter to him what the shape of any vehicle was...as long as it still moved on its own power

Originally Posted by GMguy84

Yes, I have and so have many others but not for $4000

Is anybody forcing you to buy this thing?

And do you pay full asking price?

Most used cars are padded 3K so you could drive that off the lot for about 900 bucks.

It looks like a "storm chaser" truck that already rolled ONCE

So there is the customer for this

Agreed it should be a RED tag ready for auction vehicle out in the back 40 and not out front.

But I dont understand all the comments.

Worry about something else.

Auctions are closed. They would normally send that straight to auction after offering a few bucks on trade. Since that option isn't available they are throwing it out front.

Originally Posted by tcp71
Auctions are closed. They would normally send that straight to auction after offering a few bucks on trade. Since that option isn't available they are throwing it out front.

+1

Back