Walter Cronkite has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
one of last "real newsmen"

R.I.P.
He was pretty unbiased when he was on the air back then. The last few years very biased.

He did live a long time. And had it "together" for the most part.

RIP

The crankpots and "bubble-headed bleach blondes" on the various networks today could never hold a candle to Walter Cronkite.

He was the very last of what was, without a doubt, a credible, ethical, and professional news reporter.

Rest in peace, Walter.

he was probably most well known anchor in our history..i know he retired to cape cod or somewhere near there...i watched a clip of when he announced JFKs death, it was very moving to watch him...i would not be surprised if he was liberal as [censored] but he wasnt biased as a journalist...true professional like brokaw...and a dying breed

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

R.I.P.
He was pretty unbiased when he was on the air back then. The last few years very biased.

He did live a long time. And had it "together" for the most part.

RIP

For sure. I remember him well. I won't let his complete left bend at the end of his life ruin my fond memories of what a great newscaster he was.
t1home.cronkite.05.cbs.jpg

I really enjoyed his pet series, The 21st Century. Bright future we had back then. He narrated the intro-tour to The Spaceship Earth at Epcot.

R.I.P.
Yup! Not the headline reading news men of today that will sell their mother for a story.
frown.gif

It seem curiously appropriate, that when his time came, it was between the 40th aniversary of the Apollo 11 launch and the 40th aniversary of the Eagle landing... RIP Walter Cronkite
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC

R.I.P.
Yup! Not the headline reading news men of today that will sell their mother for a story.
frown.gif

We had different standards back then. I'd say that most broadcast journalists took their role seriously and tempered themselves along the lines of excellence in terms of editorial latitudes.

I'd say that back in his day it was more of a competition for quality in broadcasting and not quantity. That is, you put out as good a product as you could to attract the ratings, not react to the ratings to configure your intellectual product.

Then again, that could just be more of my impression of things.

Yeah now it's just a free for all with a bunch of biased "reh" tards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back