Walmart's Bosch Distance Plus, can you spot holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Ifixyawata
Not a loaded question but, would you use a filter that looks that way?

I would. Two points-If it was running in bypass mode for one OCI-it wouldn't hurt a thing. Second point-my car wouldn't blow up from using it.

33.gif
eek.gif

just shop at Napa, ask about half price day on filters, they usually dont tell folks that, chk with their counter people....

When I got some of the D+ clearance filters I checked them before I bought them.
I only bought four of the ten D3410 they had for my truck and two of six D3422 filters for my Scion due to the poor louver quality. One of the D3422 was the older design with holes instead of louvers.

I cut apart a D3423 (bought wrong filter), louvers look OK at best, but when cut apart, it looked better.

Originally Posted By: ruhroh
Alright. That was the best I could do, so I guess I apologize for the useless thread.

I find your thread informative. Bosch + 3323 I scored for 75 cents has "louvers" opened up and NO, I am not crazyoildude;)

Hey all!
I was just at WalMart and walked past the clearance section, I saw two of these D3422's that'll fit my '97 Tracer commuter. I remembered this thread and checked the louvers before I bought them. I've never used a Bosch filter in my life, they feel much heavier than I'm used to. Why are these on clearance? I'm out of the loop on if they're [censored] or not. Anyway, here are some pics of the ones I just picked up.

Thanks for the picture. It looks great!

I ended up returning the 3 in this thread since they were $2.5 ea and got a Motorcraft instead. They were probably on clearance because they weren't selling and taking up shelf space since their original price was $11. They're good filters from what I've read; made by Purolator but no reports of tearing.

Looks like the new M1 I cut open. Best openings were downward - and once cut open I could get the camera to look into the slots at a better angle of interrogation
Not sure why so many look this way - I bought clearance BD+ in XG16 equivalent and not bad.

I ended up returning the 3 in this thread since they were $2.5 ea and got a Motorcraft instead. They were probably on clearance because they weren't selling and taking up shelf space since their original price was $11. They're good filters from what I've read; made by Purolator but no reports of tearing.

It's probably too late now, but did you call Bosch's customer service to complain? Maybe you could've gotten a free case of filters or something lol.

Originally Posted By: copcarguy

It's probably too late now, but did you call Bosch's customer service to complain? Maybe you could've gotten a free case of filters or something lol.
HAHAHAHA! Calling Bosch/Puro customer "service" & getting anything but a bogus runaround?? That's pretty good! Belongs in the Humor Section! Other than returning them to WM, he's not getting ANYTHING from Mann & Hummel.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Respectfully-

The pictures are useless.

On the contrary, those pictures show a non-conformance in the manufacturing process and an obvious lack of quality oversight.

Heck, those look tight enough they don't need filter media... Wouldn't use them personally. I have a new MC FL910S sitting on the shelf I won't use because of tight louvers. I'll probably cut it open for grins some day.

Last edited:
I think so - in some you see the "backs" of a louvre larger than what you can look into - and we can't see the 3D effect of when this thin tube is pressed/rolled. Would be nice if they put the best side up - but here is a side view of mine that wound up OK.

I'm overseas now - but will sacrifice a BD+ when I'm back home ...

Yeah, I noticed on the Purolator made Pennzoil filter I cut open had poor louver openings, but when I cut it open and looked from the other direction, it was actually decent.

I would have used them, way too many scare tactics and end of the world theorists here.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back