Walmart

I don't know if all are like this but stock is being eliminated to Great Value on everything. A certain brand of butter we use now is no longer so I have go to competitor. I feel for people that are going there for automotive oil and filters. Seems that they only carry Synthetic which is competitive but only Super Tech is carried in a blend. The shelf space is 3/4 Super Tech whether a blend, conventional or synthetic. Super Tech is 5.00 cheaper than competitors so I can see people making Walmart products number 1 as they are eliminating the competitor. Sad now I either order online or drive to another business. First time I heard of eliminating your highest seller to put your product in its place and leave you no choices.

I don't know if all are like this but stock is being eliminated to Great Value on everything. A certain brand of butter we use now is no longer so I have go to competitor. I feel for people that are going there for automotive oil and filters. Seems that they only carry Synthetic which is competitive but only Super Tech is carried in a blend. The shelf space is 3/4 Super Tech whether a blend, conventional or synthetic. Super Tech is 5.00 cheaper than competitors so I can see people making Walmart products number 1 as they are eliminating the competitor. Sad now I either order online or drive to another business. First time I heard of eliminating your highest seller to put your product in its place and leave you no choices.
Yes-but Super Tech has been proven to be a good oil. So-buy what's available at a good price or use that $3.00plus gallon of gasoline and drive elsewhere for another brand of oil. However-your car will not know the difference-only you will.

The supertech line is being re-marketed to Synthetic and Synthetic Blend on the packaging. That is how they are marketing it, nothing has changed with the product.

With the newer API standards, most everything you buy is Syn blend at the very least.

Use with confidence. I keep one for top off always in my garage.

The key point I think you're missing is that consumers have free will to shop elsewhere. Walmart can sell whatever they want. If it hurts their sales it hurts them not us.

My tinfoil hat prediction: Walmart drops all non-ST oil, waits a month and then ramps up the price until it's nearly the same as name brand at auto parts stores. People will still buy ST at Walmart thinking it's the cheapest.

Tinfoil hat off: Walmart seems to know a thing or two about how to make sales. The shelves have to have a decent turnover rate, else that shelf space isn't making them money.

We'll see how it pans out. Personally I really only buy odds and ends there, motor oil is one, some clothing articles, and odd stuff. I never cared for their groceries.

I think that's probably local to his Walmart. Maybe too many cheap shoppers there. They seem to stock for the local market. Plenty of name brand oils and even 0w40 on the shelf at mine. They only tend to stock whatever sells locally.

All of those oils are still available to purchase elsewhere. Why is it strange that a company prefers selling their own product over someone else's ?

How do you know what WM's "highest seller" is in any category ?
I know management. When I talk to them they claim complaints are up but due to the income levels of the customers they are targeting profits are up. We had a Swagmens? around here 10 or so years ago who did same thing then closed doors. Walmart is closing stores that don't profit like some other big box stores so we have empty stores here as well as people losing full time jobs. Point is Wal-Mart is no longer a one stop store anymore if you want quality as there products are of lesser quality and same price. Used to be nice to get everything while the wife is shopping. Just to get what I need I now have to shop 4 different stores. It's so bad right now my doctor wants us to switch to another pharmacy cause now they want to order our medicine. Last couple of refills were different looking but claimed they changed suppliers then price to insurance company went up. Sorry just ranting.

First of all, we have to remember that WalMart does not make oil. So this is no different than "Greenwise" or "SE Grocer's", or any other store brand at a supermarket. They can rebrand a product, buy it in bulk, and make a profit...bottom line matters.

I know management. When I talk to them they claim complaints are up but due to the income levels of the customers they are targeting profits are up. We had a Swagmens? around here 10 or so years ago who did same thing then closed doors. Walmart is closing stores that don't profit like some other big box stores so we have empty stores here as well as people losing full time jobs. Point is Wal-Mart is no longer a one stop store anymore if you want quality as there products are of lesser quality and same price. Used to be nice to get everything while the wife is shopping. Just to get what I need I now have to shop 4 different stores. It's so bad right now my doctor wants us to switch to another pharmacy cause now they want to order our medicine. Last couple of refills were different looking but claimed they changed suppliers then price to insurance company went up. Sorry just ranting.
I’d go someplace else if I were you. Maybe Target.

Yes-but Super Tech has been proven to be a good oil. So-buy what's available at a good price or use that $3.00plus gallon of gasoline and drive elsewhere for another brand of oil. However-your car will not know the difference-only you will.
Yes for the average person it will be OK. I only run major brands in my vehicles and I get it cheaper than Super Tech. I have seen what a lesser quality oil can do in extremes.

I think that's probably local to his Walmart. Maybe too many cheap shoppers there. They seem to stock for the local market. Plenty of name brand oils and even 0w40 on the shelf at mine. They only tend to stock whatever sells locally.
Agreed. It is also probably due to what's currently available for Walmart to purchase and the price point.
Walmart is highly computerized; they highly optimize their short and long term forecasts.
Products that do not move are gone.

Walmart is doing what Bed, Bath and Beyond right now: pushing their private brands. They are following in the success of Targets private label lines. Plus, they can discount as they please, and no price matching. All win win for retailers. Otherwise, they have nothing to offer above places like Amazon. So while it does suck- it still can offer good value.

The one nice things bout Walmart though, if it stays popular enough, it will come back. I have a feeling there will still be plenty of other brands. There. Are still many folks out there who are picky about oil…..

I never cared for their groceries.
Do you mean WM's private/store brands ? 'cause otherwise, they sell all the same brands as every other grocery store.
… making ST in Mexico ?
I suspect engine oil production is very light on the "labor" or human side. It's highly automated and therefore has little advantage in being produced elsewhere (for lower labor costs).

Back