Walmart Tech 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a freind who has been useing this stuff for a long time, Before I started to 'bad Mouth'
it, I thought I would try and find out who made it, turns out that it is Re-cycled oil made by Safety Kleen. Can re-cycled oil be any good?
In the U.K. a poular brand is Duckhams Q, this is/was used as OE in Rolls Royce among others and was said to be blended from re-cycled oil.

It's an SL rated oil. It works fine.
smile.gif

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000882#000000

I don't know if the Super Tech is made from recycles oil or not. But I see no reason why a recycled oil can't be just as good as one that was pumped out of the ground as long as it is filtered well and the aditive package is built back up.

My friend said Pennzoil incorporates at least 25% recycled oil into the new....is this so? I am not a Pennzoil user or fan, but the UOA results seem decent. Are there other oil brands that use a recycled oil? If ST oils are recycled, I have had good luck with the SuperTech oils. They seem to also gve good UOA results.

The term is re-refined, not recycled. Used motor oil can be recycled into paving asphalt or into industrial boiler fuel.

I think Safety-Kleen blends new base oil for Wal*Mart in Canada. They're also one of the two big names in re-refined motor oil. The best thing to do would be to ask Wal*Mart/Canada headquarters and Safety-Kleen/Canada headquarters this question.

I don't believe the story about Shell using re-refined oil in Pennzoil, either.

Ken

I dont know about SuperTech being made by Safety-Kleen,not in the US anyway.
At last report,SuperTech was made by Warren Distribution/Warren Performance products of Nebraska and possibly by Shell Oil Company in I think Texas.In my part of the US,the bottom of the ST bottle plainly has the letters WPP embossed in it.

quote:

Originally posted by motorguy222:
I dont know about SuperTech being made by Safety-Kleen,not in the US anyway.

All, or at least all that I've seen, of Walmart's house brand automotive fluids are made in Canada here, so they're probably different than what you get. And it's definitely Safety-Kleen. At the Walmart where I live the shelf labels actually refer to it as Safety-Kleen oil.

offtopic.gif
You can even get SH rated Quaker State Synquest 5W-50 at the Walmart here. I think they maybe should have discounted them a long time ago. We tried to offer them $1 for a bottle, but of course the Walmart workers aren't into bargaining so $5.97 was as low as they'd go!

[ July 28, 2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: rpn453 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ken2:
The term is re-refined, not recycled. Used motor oil can be recycled into paving asphalt or into industrial boiler fuel.

I think Safety-Kleen blends new base oil for Wal*Mart in Canada. They're also one of the two big names in re-refined motor oil. The best thing to do would be to ask Wal*Mart/Canada headquarters and Safety-Kleen/Canada headquarters this question.

I don't believe the story about Shell using re-refined oil in Pennzoil, either.

Ken

Yes re-refined that's the word I could not think of.
smile.gif

I have been running mostly Tech 2000 10W-40 in a notorious 1998 Sienna Sludge Monster Supreme, since it was new.

The Sienna has 119,000 miles on it and runs like a top....no smoke, no oil consumption and great fuel mileage (26-27 on the interstate at 65).

Of course, lucky me, I've been draining the Tech 2000 every 2000 miles! I followed that OCI before I knew about the Sienna Sludge Monster Syndrome, figuring the oil was so cheap, it was an insurance policy. Sure am glad I "wasted" all that oil!!
grin.gif

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back