Walmart SuperTech Full Synthetic 5W-20 Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search on this forum and read some positive comments about Walmart's SuperTech oil. I went out and bought the 5 qt container of full synthetic, high mileage 5W-20 and a single qt of the same thing. I went super cheap and also bought the low end Fram filter. I stayed away from the Supertech oil filters. I bought one a while back and took it apart and noticed a small gap in between the combination drain back/relief valve where I felt it didn't seal properly. I think the Fram filter has better stats anyway, so I went with the paper end caps, low end Fram filter.

The bottom of the Supertech oil containers don't have any identifying marks like WPP, so I don't know who bottled the oil for Walmart. I'm a little nervous about using Supertech oil, but it sure was cheap. I normally spend over $35, but this time it was less than $25, and I could have spent less than $20 if I didn't buy the extra single quart. You can't beat the price for full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: BadJack
You can't beat the price for full synthetic.

It is a good price. I also heard the local radio station run an ad for NAPA full synthetic for $3/quart, which is slightly cheaper than the synthetic Supertech oil, at least in this area. You probably can't go wrong with either oil. For the record, I have not purchased either product.

I hear that supertech is good stuff use with no fear. I just wish the 0w20 supertech would hit my local Walmart.

I have been using the same oil for awhile in both my cars with 8K OCI.
But I use the Fram Ultra or Tough Guard filters.
I would have opted for a better filter.
But none the less you will be just fine.

I recently started used it on my Mazda, haven't seen any difference going from Dino to ST synthetic; I keep my OCI at 5K though

Originally Posted By: miden851
I recently started used it on my Mazda, haven't seen any difference going from Dino to ST synthetic; I keep my OCI at 5K though

In a DI Mazda 5K OCI is very smart in my mind.
Until they fix the DI problem as much as I like the car I won't be buying one.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: miden851

In a DI Mazda 5K OCI is very smart in my mind.
Until they fix the DI problem as much as I like the car I won't be buying one.

Does that car have a GDI engine? In either case, at 196,000 miles the car has served him well.

Just thought I would chime in here. I've been an M1 guy for years...probably because it was one of the 1st OTC synthetics you could easily buy. I've never had an issue with it, so I've stuck with it.

But reading so many positive things about SuperTech synthetics on this site, I'm going to give it a try. I'm no oil expert and have never done an oil analysis. So, odds are, I won't even notice a difference.

Just pickup some ST synthetic 0w-20 and a Fram Ultra filter for the wife's '18 RAV4. On the next change on the daughter's old Yaris I'm going to try ST 5w-30 synthetic HM and a Ultra filter for it as well.

I may even eventually switch over in my Tacoma at some point.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DGXR
It has GM dexos certification so I am guessing it is very good oil:

I was in Meijer today and I noticed that their synthetic house brand was GM Dexos certified as well. Couple of bucks more per jug than ST...but still a pretty good value when compared to the regular price for M1 and the likes

Last edited:
Use it without any concern. It's API SN full synthetic oil (Group III).
I have used it many times in the past and haven't noticed any problem at all. SuperTech Full Synthetic is value for money product.

Originally Posted By: Uphill_Both_Ways
I live where it's often colder than Mars. I'm sticking with Mobil 1 until Walmart realizes California isn't the world.

It gets well under -200 F on Mars, you must be in quite a place.

All motor oil must meet goverment specs. If you read label it says meets or exceeds all goverment standards plus.
People at wallmart says it made by mobil 1. Really doesent matter so much as meeting Gov requirements and is Certified.
My neighbor bought a new $60,000 Truck Van for his company all he uses is Walmart SuperTech Full Synthetic. All his other vehcles he uses Walmart SuperTech
motor oil. Dump Trucks to pick ups, vans. Never had any oil issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back