Walmart Rollback Prices on Mobil 1 and Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the reduced prices on top quality oils like these are people switching from Dino to FS? The price difference is becoming marginal or completely diminished considering longer OCIs.

What do you think?

It's hard to beat brand name full synthetic oils at Walmart prices but when they do a 'Rollback' it's really great.

I have learned that the 'Rollback' is up to the individual store as my local WM has Mobil 1 back at regular price while others in my area are still on rollback.

Not necessarily, since they rollback conventional oils as well. $12 for a jug of MS5k is as atteactive to a conventional oil user as is $22 for M1 to the syn end user. To each his or her own.

You can get probably what is the "best" dino (PYB) for 16.xx 5quart or a full syn, M1 or PP for 22$ 5quart. Saving 6$ on an oil change is pointless. Use the syn for 6k miles and your making money!

Originally Posted By: wemay
Not necessarily, since they rollback conventional oils as well. $12 for a jug of MS5k is as atteactive to a conventional oil user as is $22 for M1 to the syn end user. To each his or her own.

So you switched to QSUD, thats a good choice for sure, especially since Hyundai recommends it. To the OP, I think these prices are a great reason to switch to a synthetic. You can have a full synthetic oil change (including full synthetic Fram Ultra oil filter) for under $30 easily. That cheaper than going to a shop and getting it changed with cheap oil and cheap filters.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: wemay

So you switched to QSUD, thats a good choice for sure, especially since Hyundai recommends it. To the OP, I think these prices are a great reason to switch to a synthetic. You can have a full synthetic oil change (including full synthetic Fram Ultra oil filter) for under $30 easily. That cheaper than going to a shop and getting it changed with cheap oil and cheap filters.

Still up in the air concerning the non-turbo 2.4L... short oci on great dino or syn...

Last edited:
Low synthetic prices certainly make it attractive to switch.

BITOG'ers always like a bargain, whether it's on a great synthetic or a high quality dino.

Use the synthetic while it's cheap and switch back when it isn't.

It's all good......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back