Walmart prices way up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to my local Wally this evening and their charges have doubled. It used to be they had a set fee of 9.97 or so for mounting,balancing and road hazard. Now it is extra fees for valve stems and balancing etc. The savings over Discount Tire have vanished.So beware if you're not up on their price increases!!!!!

I read somewhere that the tires that U purchase from walmart are not the same tires that U buy from Regular Tire Dealers.

As well as the spark plugs, Electronics, ect...

More of a low quailty selection.

Just what I read.

So I have never purchased anything having to do with my autos from them except oil.

There are tires mad for different retailers that are there own branded tires. Like Sears has Weatherforce, Weatherwise, etc... These are similar to (most of the time) regular branded tires but not always. So they cannot warranty them anywhere *** they are a Walmart/Sears/Etc.... tire.

quote:

Originally posted by ewetho:
There are tires mad for different retailers that are there own branded tires. Like Sears has Weatherforce, Weatherwise, etc... These are similar to (most of the time) regular branded tires but not always. So they cannot warranty them anywhere *** they are a Walmart/Sears/Etc.... tire.

Sometimes the difference is cosmetic, like aslightly different tread pattern or different model number. That's don't so they can safely hve low proce guarantees. No one can beat their price when they are the only one selling that model.

As I said the $$ advantages of Wally World for tires no longer exists. Why put up with some under paid installer for a $10 savings?? At $20 a tire I was willing to give it a try-- not anymore.

Yeah, I was fortunate to buy my tires before the price went up. Now, everywhere else is cheaper than wal-mart. They messed up my wheel weights twice in a ROW. Had to go three times to get them right.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back