WalMart prices batteries very differently at different locations

Hey if you dont like Walmart go to a different place.....People love to ***** about Walmart all of the time...yet they go back to shop...I have seen the local UAW Ford Union who says shop at a Union store....shop at Walmart....Why???? I bet because the prices are cheaper....
Wlamart has a pretty good selection of automotive stuff that's decent. I buy all my oil there, and I get their next to the bottom of the line wiper blades (they're Michelins), they seem to work as well as any others I've tried. Other than that, I do my shopping elsewhere...I'll pick up a box or two of ammo from them if they have what I need...

Reactions: hrv
Wlamart has a pretty good selection of automotive stuff that's decent. I buy all my oil there, and I get their next to the bottom of the line wiper blades (they're Michelins), they seem to work as well as any others I've tried. Other than that, I do my shopping elsewhere...I'll pick up a box or two of ammo from them if they have what I need...
Wiper blades seem to be one of those things that no matter if they're expensive or cheap, they last about the same amount of time. I guess one of these days I have to try silicone blades. I've gotten clearance blades on Rockauto and they've been fine. Got some Valero once and they were great, but the Trico has been ok too. Now with these shortages, there's no wiper blades on clearance anymore.

Wiper blades seem to be one of those things that no matter if they're expensive or cheap, they last about the same amount of time.
Yeap, that's what we see too, it seems. I never buy the cheapest blades nor do I buy $25+ blades, usually get ones in the $12-15 range (on Amazon). I've got my preferences, 2-3 models, that I tend to stick to.

I just haven’t had much luck finding the correct battery for a vehicle at Walmart. Definitely good prices on batteries, but in my opinion a parts store will have what you need, and you’ll get a warranty. Probably get a warranty at Walmart too, but I can’t imagine it’d be fun trying to return it.
No trouble at all for me - and having sons who put sound systems in - we swapped a few …

Wiper blades seem to be one of those things that no matter if they're expensive or cheap, they last about the same amount of time. I guess one of these days I have to try silicone blades. I've gotten clearance blades on Rockauto and they've been fine. Got some Valero once and they were great, but the Trico has been ok too. Now with these shortages, there's no wiper blades on clearance anymore.
I've tried the silicone blades, they don'y last any longer or wipe any better. To me the $5 blades work just as well as the $25 blades...

Walmart, Target, Dollar General, Costco, Meijer (regional-midwest, I presume there are similar stores in other regions), etc - for general merchandise
Kohls, Macy's, TJ Maxx/Marshalls, Old Navy, JC Penney, Ames, Burlington, etc - clothing
Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Albertsons, Trader Joe's, Aldi, etc - groceries
Yep, they have a similar product but the prices of the merchandise vary in other locations. But if you do see the price reduction at the store at the same location you don't need to worry as many of the stores you had to describe provide you a chance to price match their product price with that of their competitor or of their store itself.

I went online to purchase a replacement battery for my 2016 Tucson. The Ever Start Max 124R is priced at $98.76 at one store and $129.84 at the other store which is closest to me. These stores are about 17 minutes apart. Obviously I purchased from the lowest price store. It looks like they are charging people more in the areas that are more affluent. So if you are going to purchase something on line and pick it up it pays to shop different stores. I also had this happen with oil several years ago.
It's not just that--online pricing is often very different than what's on the shelf. If you get lucky, the store will price match the website pricing.

All I can say is that are rated really well and have one of the best warranties! Nowadays with alleged supply chain issues, who knows!

The stores charge what the market will bear. If loss from theft is too much they step up security or shut down and reopen elsewhere. But they will always milk as much as they can out of every sale.
Yes-it's called profit. And the last time I checked it was what businesses need to stay open.

Probably. But not for Walmart.

Unless something has changed, you are most likely to encounter an Exide re-branded battery, as there were only I think three makers left.. Exide, Johnson Control may have sold to Tyco it's been awhile, and East Penn/Deka. Deka by far the smallest of them, again unless things have changed.

The question was put forth, is an Exide battery "worse" than one of the other two and unless there is something I dont know, answer, it should be fine.

For Walmart, answering this question, Johnson Controls turned into Clarios and makes Walmart batteries.

The answer is: Clarios makes Walmart Everstart batteries. Johnson Controls was the manufacturer until late 2019 Johnson Controls Power Solutions company was sold to Brookfield Business Partners and formed Clarios LLC. Their testing period for all of their batteries is one month to ensure the best quality.

Probably the best value in automotive batteries today.

Back